November 2022 Crime Report

Christina Noland

Washburn University Police publish monthly crime reports. These reports have dated back as far as January 2018.

Probably a minor fender-bender.

On Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 3:06 p.m., a non-injury accident was reported in Lot R (faculty and staff parking lot behind Henderson and Mabee Library). Case is closed.

Just keeping the peace, officers.

On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 10:18 a.m., a person walked into WUPD in Morgan and handed over some information. Case remains open.

Someone forgot to set the alarm properly.

On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 5 p.m., a priority alarm went off in the Mulvane Art Museum. Case is closed.

Is this really just steam?

On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 7:24 p.m., a fire alarm in Lincoln Hall went off due to smoke detectors picking up steam from a shower. Case has been referred to Student Life.

The walls have noses too, just saying.

On Thursday, Nov. 3 at 8:45 p.m., an odor of marijuana was reported in the LLC. Items were seized and a city citation has been given for the narcotics violation.

Sleep is for the weak.

On Saturday, Nov. 5 at 2:27 a.m., a suspicious vehicle was reported in the parking lot of Washburn Tech West. An NTL was issued. Case is closed.

We got you, fam.

On Saturday, Nov. 5 at 11:46 p.m., a welfare check for someone in Lincoln Hall was reported. WUPD responded and subject refused AMR. Case is closed.

At least WU Tech alarms didn’t flood the weekend this time.

On Monday, Nov. 7 at 10:18 p.m., motion alarms went off in Washburn Tech Building C. Case is closed.

Foreshadowing, you say.

On Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 2:27 p.m., a fire alarm went off in Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

HEADLINE: Mothers disappointed in discovering children can’t cook.

On Tuesday, Nov. 8 at 2:55 a.m., a fire alarm went off in the LLC. Case synopsis reads, “food left to burn on stove in community kitchen”. Case is closed.

Oh, $#!T…

On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 9:30 a.m., a student at Washburn Tech West reported being battered by a fellow student. Case has been referred to Student Life.

… with extra sauce.

On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 12:38 p.m., accidental discharge of pepper spray from a student in Washburn Tech West was reported. Case has been referred to Student Life.

Someone missing a pen?

On Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 10:45 p.m., a burglary alarm went off at Washburn Tech West, Building C. Case is closed.

We are a dry campus when we want to be.

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 12:23 a.m., WUPD was informed of alcohol use in Lincoln Hall. Case has been referred to Student Life.

Sending lots of love!

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 3:03 p.m., a medical emergency was reported at Washburn Tech East. Subject was transported to Stormont Vail. Case is closed.

What’cha got there?

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 4:07 p.m., odor of marijuana was reported in the LLC. Possession of marijuana and other offenses were reported. Case remains open.

Good vibes all the way!

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 10:57 p.m., a medical call from Lincoln Hall was reported to WUPD. Case is closed.

That moment when you realize your evening is ruined.

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 11:03 p.m., criminal damage to property in the village was reported. Damage occurred the previous day. A city citation has been given for the misdemeanor property damage.

Your typical Thursday evening.

On Thursday, Nov. 10 at 11:06 p.m., an alarm went off at Washburn Tech West. Case is closed.

Probably the shower again.

On Friday, Nov. 11 at 11:21 p.m., a fire alarm went off at Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

I sense post-midnight disturbances in the Force.

On Saturday, Nov. 12 at 12:20 a.m., a suspicious person was reported in Lincoln Hall. The person was in violation of alcohol and weapon policies. Case has been referred to Student Life.

First weekend raid of the month.

On Saturday, Nov. 12 at 8:04 p.m., a burglary alarm went off at Washburn Tech West. Case is closed.

Second weekend raid of the month.

On Sunday, Nov. 13 at 12:06 p.m., a motion alarm at Washburn Tech West was reported. Case is closed.

Third weekend raid of the month, our confirmed favorite place.

On Sunday, Nov. 13 at 6:21 p.m., an intrusion alarm was reported at Washburn Tech West, Building D. Case is closed.

Order in the court!

On Monday, Nov. 14 at 5:33 p.m., disorderly conduct was reported in Morgan Hall. Synopsis reads “possible criminal threat”. The case has been referred to Student Life.

False alarms aren’t cool, bruv.

On Wednesday, Nov. 16 at 7:44 a.m., a false fire alarm was activated via a pull station in the LLC. An offense was issued for communicating false information to requesting emergency services. Case remains open.

BYOB: Buy your own bike

On Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:21 a.m., theft of a bike from the east bike rack of the LLC was reported to WUPD. The theft is said to have occurred Sunday, Nov. 13 at 6:10 p.m. Offenses were issued and the case is closed.

Well, this is new.

On Thursday, Nov. 17 at 2:24 p.m., a warrant arrest incident regarding an adult occurred in the Memorial Union. An NTL was also issued. No further information.

Quiet on set!

On Thursday, Nov. 17 at 3:09 p.m., an individual created a disturbance in the Mabee Library. The case has been referred to Student Life.

Oops, I did it again.

On Thursday, Nov. 17 at 5:43 p.m., a priority 2 alarm was set off by staff in the Mulvane Art Museum. Case is closed.

The dynamic duo Washburn neither needed nor wanted.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:43 p.m., unwanted subjects trespassed on REC Center grounds. Criminal trespass offenses and city citations were given.

The Banning Saga: What the heck did they do?

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:54 p.m., a subject was banned from campus at the REC Center. Crime log states this incident occurred Thursday, Oct. 27. Case has been sent to a city attorney.

The Banning Saga: I’m actually confused.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:54 p.m., a subject was banned from campus at the REC Center. Crime log states this incident occurred Wednesday, Nov. 2. Case has been sent to a city attorney.

The Banning Saga: Just wait, there’s more.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:54 p.m., a subject was banned from campus at the REC Center. Crime log states this incident occurred Saturday, Nov. 6. Case has been sent to a city attorney.

The Banning Saga: Someone needs to look into this.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:54 p.m., a subject was banned from campus at the REC Center. Crime log states this incident occurred Thursday, Nov. 10. Case has been sent to a city attorney.

The Banning Saga: P.S. someone that’s not me.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 5:54 p.m., a subject was banned from campus at the REC Center. Crime log states this incident occurred Thursday, Nov. 17. Case has been sent to a city attorney.

Sherlock Holmes, on the case.

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 8:18 p.m., information was given to WUPD in relation to fraud. Case is closed.

At least they’re avoiding the weekends, right?

On Friday, Nov. 18 at 11:32 p.m., a motion alarm went off in Washburn Tech West, Building A. Case is closed.

Smoking at midnight.

On Saturday, Nov. 19 at 12:46 a.m., a fire alarm went off in Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

Party in the LLC, Season 2: It all starts here.

On Saturday, Nov. 19 at 1:37 p.m., two subjects were observed smoking marijuana in the LLC. The case has been referred to Student Life.

Even the grandmas are disappointed now.

On Saturday, Nov. 19 at 3:38 p.m., a fire alarm went off in the LLC. Source was burnt food. Case is closed.

The party was too strong.

On Saturday, Nov. 19 at 7:24 p.m., WUPD was asked to make a welfare check on someone in the LLC. Case is closed.

Police can hear blocks away.

On Sunday, Nov. 20 at 10:25 a.m., an intrusion alarm went off on the 1300 block of SW 21st street. Case is closed.

Help has arrived.

On Sunday, Nov. 20 at 7:09 p.m., a welfare check was done in Morgan Hall. Subject was transported home. Case is closed.

Learn how to screenshot, kids.

On Monday, Nov. 21 at 10:56 a.m., report of blackmail threats through Snapchat was given to WUPD. Case is closed.

Wait, what?

On Monday, Nov. 21 at 2:04 p.m., WUPD received a report of a vehicle in Lot 7 (the large parking lot behind the Village and the KTWU TV Studio) with all its tires missing. Case is closed.

Easy to sneak in, but impossible to cover up.

On Monday, Nov. 21 at 7:25 p.m., smells of marijuana were reported coming from Lincoln Hall. The case has been referred to Student Life.

Jumpscare much?

On Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 12:20 a.m., a fire alarm went off in Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

That’s not how you carry.

On Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 1:41 p.m., a firearm was recovered from a restroom in Garvey. Case is closed.

It takes guts to tell people to shove off sometimes.

On Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 4:25 p.m., Psychology Services requested PFA (protection from abuse) information on behalf of one of their clients.

Backup incoming!

On Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 4:55 p.m., WUPD assisted TPD with an injury hit and run accident on 21st and Washburn. Case is closed.

They actually know where you live, bud.

On Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 6:52 p.m., Residential Living found alcohol containers during checks in the LLC. Case has been referred to Student Life.

Someone smells like booze.

On Friday, Nov. 25 at 1:02 a.m., a report of alcohol and narcotics violations in Lincoln Hall was made with WUPD. Date of occurrence was Saturday, Nov. 19. A city citation has been issued.

On the way!

On Monday, Nov. 28 at 6:26 a.m., a medical call was received from Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

You’re too young for this $#!T.

On Monday, Nov. 28 at 8:01 a.m., a narcotics violation occurred in the parking lot of Washburn Tech West. Odor of marijuana was present, offenses and city citations were given.

——————————-

All of WUPDs monthly reports can be found here.

A map of Washburn University campus can be found here.

A map of Washburn Institute of Technology, West Campus, can be found here.

Edited by Aja Carter