October 2022 Crime Report

Washburn University Police publish monthly crime reports. These reports have dated back as far as January 2018.

Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up, but don’t help me up.

On Saturday, Oct. 1 at 6:25 p.m., someone reported with back pain in Carnegie Hall refused AMR. Case is closed.

Sunday shenanigans.

On Sunday, Oct. 2 at 11:13 a.m., Washburn Tech West had a building alarm go off. Case is closed.

More Sunday shenanigans, but on lunch break.

On Sunday, Oct. 2 at 12:14 p.m., Washburn Tech West had a burglary alarm go off as well. Case is closed.

Washburn Tech West’s popularity increases with fender benders.

On Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 11:15 a.m., Washburn Tech West had a vehicle accident. Case is closed.

Twinsies!

On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 10:05 a.m., Washburn had a hit-and-run accident with parked vehicles in Lot 1 (corner parking lot at the Stoffer Science Building). Case is closed.

I’m only one call away!

On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 11:09 a.m., someone in the Henderson Learning Center called for medical assistance. Case is closed.

Come here. I gotta tell you something…

On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 2:30 p.m., an anonymous source called WUPO to report information. Case is closed.

I need help too!

On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 7:24 pm., someone in Mabee Library called for medical assistance. Case is closed.

Someone took my plunger and I want it back!

On Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 10:43 p.m., an anonymous source called WUPO to report information related to criminal deprivation of property at the Village. Case remains open.

This doesn’t happen on my campus!

On Thursday, Oct. 6 at 9:07 a.m., WUPO received a call over a possible hazing in Morgan Hall. Case remains open.

The Ichabod Shop sees everything. Try something at your own risk.

On Thursday, Oct. 6 at 7:58 p.m., a priority 2 alarm at the Ichabod Shop in the lower level of the Memorial Union went off. Everything is secure. Case is closed.

It’s not “4:20,” hon.

On Friday, Oct. 7 at 7:03 p.m., an anonymous source reported marijuana odor coming from the LLC. Case remains open.

Washburn Tech doesn’t take breaks on weekends.

On Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7:50 a.m., Washburn Tech West, building D, had an intrusion alarm go off. Case is closed.

This is totally bread, right?

On Saturday, Oct. 8 at 3:21 p.m., a suspicious package was called into WUPO at the KBI Forensic Science Center. Case is closed.

Stop burning the popcorn!

On Sunday, Oct. 9 at 7:43 a.m., a fire alarm was reported at the West Residence Hall. Case is closed.

It’s close enough to campus; let’s deal with it!

On Sunday, Oct. 9 at 5:46 p.m., a burglary alarm went off on the SW block of 21st street. Case is closed.

Almost 24 hours later, same place.

On Monday, Oct. 10 at 4:51 p.m., WUPO was called to the SW block of 21st street related to juveniles causing disturbances. Case is closed and was turned over to parents.

Learn how to park, dangit!

On Monday, Oct. 10 at 7:22 p.m., information for possible criminal damage in Lot 10 (BTAC parking lot) was reported to WUPO. Case is closed.

Party in the LLC.

On Monday, Oct. 10 at 8:50 p.m., information was reported of marijuana smells in the LLC. Cased is closed.

Time to replace your tires.

On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 7:45 a.m., a traffic complaint was reported at Washburn Tech West, building C, for a vehicle doing a burnout. Case has been referred to Student Life.

The strangest bathroom incident ever.

On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 6:26 p.m., suspicious activity was reported inside the Memorial Union. Case has been referred to Student Life.

“Yeah, science, b*#@%!”

On Wednesday, Oct. 12 at 8:09 p.m., a suspicious person was reported in the Stoffer Science Hall. Case is closed.

Court is in session.

On Thursday, Oct. 13 at 7:32 a.m., an information report from the Law School was given to WUPO. Case is closed.

Social media can be traced.

On Friday, Oct. 14 at 5:24 p.m., a student received messages on Instagram promising money for photos to make a mural. Case is closed.

Assume you’re going to Washburn Tech on the weekends.

On Saturday, Oct. 15 at 9:16 p.m., Washburn Tech West, building C, had an intrusion alarm go off in their locomotive bay. Case is closed.

Three days without incident!

On Tuesday, Oct. 18 at 10:23 p.m., WUPO received a call related to a fire alarm in Lincoln Hall. Case is closed.

Exercise doesn’t work…

On Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 2:23 p.m., a subject was found huffing a can in Lot 5 (the long parking lot between the KBI building and the SRWC) and refused medical assistance. Incident type was a narcotics violation misdemeanor and the case was referred to Student Life.

Medical emergency.

On Wednesday, Oct. 19 at 3:55 p.m., a subject at the KBI building had a seizure and was transported to a local hospital. Case remains open.

Pushing through paperwork…

On Thursday, Oct. 20 at 5:08 p.m., a medical report was given to WUPO. Case is closed.

… for the next six hours.

On Thursday, Oct. 20 at 10:50 p.m., an information report from the LLC was given to WUPO. Case remains open.

Is2g, every weekend, man.

On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 7:59 a.m., a burglary alarm was reported at Washburn Tech West, building A. Case is closed.

I have no words.

On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 9:54 a.m., a building alarm was reported at Washburn Tech West, building C. Case is closed.

Don’t tick off your ex.

On Saturday, Oct. 22 at 10:33 a.m., a suspected keyed car was reported in Lot 11 (the parking lot nearest the law building on the north side). Case is closed.

Midnight emergencies.

On Sunday, Oct. 23 at 12:17 a.m., a medical report from the LLC was received. Case is closed.

Dang, those detectors are sensitive.

On Sunday, Oct. 23 at 3:49 p.m., a smoke detector and fire alarm in Lincoln Hall went off because of steam from a shower. Case remains open.

Campus services.

On Monday, Oct. 24 at 9:58 a.m., an escort was given to counseling services from Morgan Hall. Case is closed.

If you don’t eat the bread, it goes stale.

On Wednesday Oct. 26 at 1:46 a.m., a report was given to WUPO for suspicious items found two days earlier (Oct. 24) by custodial staff in White Concert Hall. Case is closed.

Hands off my stuff!

On Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 10:55 a.m., a report of misdemeanor theft in the Memorial Union was given to WUPO. Case remains unsolved.

A serial thief, in their natural habitat.

On Thursday, Oct. 27 at 5:12 p.m., another case of misdemeanor theft for the previous day (Oct. 26), this time from Mabee Library, was given to WUPO. Case is closed.

Someone might have found your keys.

On Thursday, Oct. 27 at 1:16 p.m., lost and found information was given to WUPO. Case is closed.

If you’re near Washburn, we got you.

On Thursday, Oct. 27 at 4:37 p.m., an unknown medical issue on SW 21st street was reported to WUPO. Case is closed.

It’s too late for this nonsense.

On Thursday, Oct. 27 at 10:24 p.m., a priority 2 burglary alarm on SW Macvicar Ave was reported to WUPO. Case is closed.

Respect the trash! Respect it!

On Friday, Oct. 28 at 9:32 a.m., a Shawnee County trash truck was damaged at the west gate of the Village. Case remains open.

You need to pay to get your makeup done.

On Saturday, Oct. 29 at 5:06 p.m., a burglary alarm went off at the Academy of Cosmetology. Case is closed.

Halloween madness.

On Monday, Oct. 31 at 6 p.m., burglary was reported to a business on SW 21st street. Case received a city citation.

Lack of cooking skills are expected at this point.

On Monday, Oct. 31 at 9:09 p.m., a fire alarm at the LLC went off. Case is closed.

All of WUPOs monthly reports can be found here.

A map of campus can be found here.

Edited by Aja Carter, Glorianna Noland