International students at Washburn share summer plans

Sabrina Rana

While some international students return home for summer break, others explore more of the United States and a few take courses.

Ashmita Mehra, freshman computer science major from India, plans to “work and chill” for the summer. She is working on campus at the Memorial Union and is not taking any classes this summer. She also plans to visit different places like New York, Boston, Philadelphia and Florida during the summer.

Robin Ghimire, freshman physics major from Nepal, says that he plans to visit Colorado at the end of summer. Until then, he plans to work hard and enjoy the time off from school.

Pratity Joshy is a graduate student of liberal studies from Nepal. She plans on spending her time looking for jobs off campus. She also plans on going to D.C. to visit her family but for most of her summer she will be staying in Topeka.

Keletso Smarts is a graduate student of curriculum and instruction with an emphasis in literacy from Botswana. Smarts plans on studying and working during the summer. She is taking the class “Introduction to Research Methods” and is working at the International House as an office assistant and as one of the international ambassadors.

Atit Adhikari is a freshman computer information science major from Nepal. He has no set plans for the summer, but intends to work over the break. He works on campus as a landscaper and tutors students in the on campus tutoring center.