CAB offers great deal for students to attend Sporting KC game

TREVOR BEURMAN

As a Washburn student, there are multiple resources to utilize around campus and beyond that are ergonomic towards your needs on a college budget. One of the best ways to figure out how and where to take advantage of these resources are prepared and ready for you at Memorial Union Underground in the CAB office.

In fact, one of these student deals will get you transportation and tickets to an upcoming Sporting KC game. Not only that, but the price itself reaps benefits for any student because this all included event is only five dollars with a valid Washburn student ID.

This event is on Saturday, September 16th, 2017 at Children’s Mercy Park as Sporting KC hosts the New England Revolution for a MLS regular season matchup at 7:30pm. This matchup is right before the US Open Cup Championship the following Wednesday.

Sporting KC comes into this game with a high ranking in the Western Conference being only two points shy of first place trailing behind Seattle and Portland. New England comes into this game being ranked eighth in the Eastern Conference along with trailing 24 points shy of first place.

Even though there are large gaps between these two teams in the standings, the games at Sporting KC never disappoint, streaking already with 100 sellouts in 100 games per sportingkc.com.

Even without guaranteed entertainment, the whole event is reduced by almost twenty dollars for Washburn students due to CAB, also known as the Campus Activities Board.

The student staff members behind the task on the Campus Activities Board shared their information on the Sporting KC event available for Ichabods.

“You can pay either cash or Bod Bucks, just make sure you bring your student ID to the Student Activities and Greek Life office and your five dollars,” said CAB member Anneleise McEvoy.

The Student Activities and Greek Life office is located in the Memorial Union Underground neighboring the CAB office.

Along with the location of sign-ups for this event there are numerous posters around Morgan Hall and Henderson Learning Center where there is more information.

With this event being very unique in nature considering the former CAB events held, it looks like these type of events may be here to stay.

“Taking a bus to sporting events is something we have tried to do in the past, we tried to do it with one of the football games last year and so I think this is just a continuation of that idea,” said Bailey Pankratz another CAB staff member.

Considering the unique appeal of the event and the price as well Pankratz reiterated the significance that this event brings to students.

“The price is a steal especially when you factor in the transportation up there and the tickets themselves,” Pankratz said.

“With all those factors personally I think it is an amazing deal, really economic for students,” Pankratz stated.

One thing is for sure the tickets are a great reduction compared to normal admission price. Considering the economic value to the event and the great entertainment readily available for a low price, it seems like a mistake to not purchase a five dollar fee for a great time at Children’s Mercy Park.