FORVIS visits business club in search of new hires

Cheyenne Hittle
David Wilson, campus recruiter for FORVIS, hands his business card to students so they can apply for an internship. Wilson gave a presentation about FORVIS and the internship opportunities they had available at their Kansas City and Wichita locations.

FORVIS presented an array of job opportunities that are available for students interested in pursuing a school of business degree.

David Wilson, campus recruiter for FORVIS, attended a Beta Alpha Psi meeting and gave a presentation about different internship opportunities that are currently available within the company.

“We want to hire you […] working as an intern, you can see what you want to do,” Wilson said.

FORVIS works with college students across the United States and they work with the students’ busy schedules. Working as an intern allows one to dip their feet in the water and see if that career is something that they want to pursue.

According to Wilson, if one works for the accounting team and decides that isn’t for them, they can switch to another team within the company. This allows students to learn more about future career fields and find what matches their interests.

FORVIS also allows students to work with clients alongside their regular workers. These internships aren’t just looking for people to scan and file paperwork. This will get students the real-world experience they are looking for.

BAP is a student organization that helps students pursuing a school of business degree find internships and other job opportunities. Stacy Briggs is a graduate with a degree in accounting and entrepreneurship and pursuing her Master of Accountancy. Briggs is also president of the BAP club and helps to organize these meetings and career presentations.

“Beta Alpha Psi is an honors society for people studying accounting, finance, and informational systems,” Briggs said.

For any student who is looking for a community that can help them find a career, BAP is an organization that is focused on getting students connected to careers.

According to Briggs, BAP is put in place to help one learn more about accounting professions that are available and to bring them in to connect with an opportunity in the career field.

Edited by Larissa Morgan and Aja Carter

View Comments (1)
$95
$500