The School of Faith explains the Holy Spirit to Washburn students

Rachana Thapa

School of Faith and Father Swamy explains the Holy Spirit. The Pieces of Mass explained, was hosted by God’s Bods Catholic campus center March 1.

On March 1, the School of Faith and Father Swamy walked together through Mass, where pieces of Mass were explained at the Catholic Center of Washburn University. It’s easy to think of the Holy Spirit as a powerful force from God, or a mysterious aspect of God’s life which can be confusing to many.

Therefore the proper question is not “what” but “who.” “Who is the Holy Spirit?” is the right question because the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal in dignity and majesty with the Father and the Son.

The Holy Spirit is one member of the Holy Trinity. As a Person, the Holy Spirit is one people can be in relation with. They can know and love the Holy Spirit just as they know and love the Father and the Son. The Spirit loves his people just as He loves the Father and the Son.

Personhood means there is potential for love and union. The Holy Spirit has an intellect and will through which He freely really loves as God. Nicholas Hinkel, host of an event and Trinity Price ,Washburn junior student majoring in Kinesiology.

Nicholas from School of Faith, hosted the Mass and explained that it’s the attempt to explain Catholics when they celebrate the liturgy and make it understandable to those who may not understand it initially, and also to hopefully deepen the understanding of those who have already understood about Catholics.

Hinkel said that this event is the attempt to try and explain what Catholics do and celebrate the Liturgy and make it understandable to those who may not understand it initially. And encouraged that whenever we have time just remember Jesus and give time to talk to him. At the end, we’re thanking God for everything he has done for us and talking heart to heart.

This is a kind of travel and the Holy Spirit ,we believe, is the three persons in One God so God the Father God and the Son God, the Holy Spirit. And the mass is a celebration of Jesus and him who died on cross.

The Holy Spirit is “consubstantial” with the Father and the Son, and with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified. To be “consubstantial” means that God the Holy Spirit is of the same divine substance or the same divine nature as the Father and the Son.” said Trinity.

Among the greatest of these actions is the Most Holy Eucharist. In the Eucharist, people have a unity of Heaven and Earth. Through the Eucharist, God descends to meet his people, and they encounter Him. This is done by an action of the Holy Spirit alive within the Church.

The Eucharist can be described as a joint action of the Church and the Holy Spirit, and this mutual activity brings forth the very real presence of Christ the Lord.

Edited by: Rakesh Swarnakar, Aja Carter and Glorianna Noland