Bod Brief: COVID-19 vaccines still available at Washburn

Courtesy of Washburn University Bod Talk

The ideal Ichabod experience: Students are encouraged to get vaccinated before the school year begins as the Delta variant has caused an uproar of COVID-19 cases across the country.

Although it may seem like things are getting back to normal, COVID-19 numbers are still on the rise as the Delta variant plagues the United States. According to the CDC, large breakouts of the virus are being seen where vaccination numbers are lower.
Increased case numbers provide opportunity for the virus to mutate, leading to even more variants.
With COVID-19 now being a preventable disease by vaccine, vaccine rollout efforts will continue in hopes of slowing case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths.
Washburn is one of many colleges encouraging its students to get vaccinated to ensure everyone will have “the ideal Ichabod experience” as the school year quickly approaches.
To schedule an appointment at Washburn, call Student Health Services in Morgan Hall at 785-670-1470.
Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available at Washburn until Aug. 5. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will no longer be available at Washburn after Aug. 5.
For more information regarding COVID-19 vaccines, click here.
To find COVID-19 vaccines near you, click here.