Letter from the Editor: See you next year!

Editor-in-Chief Matt Self

Editor’s Note: We will resume publishing content in 2021

This year has been one of the craziest that any of us has had to experience in the last decade whether it be from the pandemic, the ensuing quarantine, the recent presidential election or any number of other things we have had to endure. This year will certainly go down in the history books as being one of the more bizarre and interesting times in our recent history.

It has been the job of the Washburn Review to continue its mission of providing “news that matters to WU” during this time as well even with the present conditions. Even with the pandemic, we have striven to provide the campus with relevant and newsworthy events for the campus population to read and examine.

The way we have delivered the news to our readers changed this semester. Our coverage has moved completely to being provided online and it has been a great effort to adapt to this format.

Not everyone in our organization was a tech wizard at the beginning of this semester, but now many of us can claim mastery of new software.

Though the nature of everyday life has changed dramatically since the spring, we have continued with our duty to the Washburn community and will adapt to serve it next year when the pandemic, hopefully, begins to abate.

But like the rest of the campus community, we are human, too. Our stress levels have gone through the roof, and we need time to recuperate. We’ve done a lot of reporting this semester and need time to spend with our families over the holidays.

Even though Christmas may be different from what we normally expect, it’s still a time for us all to reflect and appreciate what we have. We can be appreciative of making it through this crazy year and look forward to what next year will bring.

As the editor-in-chief, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

See you next year!