Activities & Majors Fair set for Aug. 26

Washburn University

A collaborative effort between Academic Advising in the Center of Undergraduate Studies and Programs, Student Activities and Greek Life and the Campus Activities Board will bring an Activities and Majors Fair to students at Washburn University.

The event will be Wednesday, Aug. 26 in the Washburn A & B rooms of the Memorial Union from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. The event will be open to all students, faculty and staff who are interested in learning more about opportunities Washburn has to offer.

The fair will host representatives from some of the 100 plus student organizations on campus, as well as people from more than 80 participating majors and minors. Information on studying abroad and international opportunities will be available as well.

Pamela Erickson, a coordinator for the event from Academic Advising, said that in the past the fair has seen more than 500 attendees in addition to the Washburn faculty and staff that participate. Erickson said free food and drinks are available along with giveaways and door prizes.

The fair is a good opportunity for student organizations to recruit new members and allows students who are interested in getting involved the chance to sign up for these organizations and learn more about what student life at Washburn is all about.