WU seeks new Ichabod mascot

Washburn University

University Relations is looking for a new performer to don the Ichabod mascot suit to publicly represent Washburn University.

Mascot auditions will be held on Monday, Oct. 5, and pre-registration is required.

To be eligible for the position, the student(s) selected must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours at Washburn University and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Candidates must be in good standing with the University and must submit to a background investigation. Students must also be no more than 6 feet tall and 190 pounds to properly wear the Ichabod costume.

Any student selected to be the mascot performer will receive $1,000 stipend per semester in addition to up to $150 per semester for the purchase of textbooks at the Washburn Bookstore.

The Ichabod mascot will be compensated $50 for the first hour during a public appearance, and $20 for each hour after that. If the appearance is outside Shawnee County, the mascot will receive mileage compensation of equal to the current mileage rate approved by Washburn University.

Washburn Athletics will pay mileage, room and board when traveling to MIAA sports events outside of Shawnee County.

The Ichabod Mascot must attend the required training, is required to be present at all home football and basketball games. The Ichabod will also make appearances at two baseball games and tennis matches, the dates of which are to be determined. Other special appearances may be required.

The Ichabod mascot is the official mascot of Washburn University and is intended to enhance the tradition and spirit of the audience through exaggeration, characterization and entertainment.

Students interested in this position should contact Amanda Hughes at (785) 670-2153 or e-mail [email protected] for an audition packet.