Princeton Review taps Washburn Law among best law schools

Washburn University

Topeka – Washburn University School of Law has once again been named an outstanding law school by The Princeton Review. The education services company features the school in the new 2010 edition of its book, “The Best 172 Law Schools” (Random House / Princeton Review).

“We are honored to be included with the top law schools in the nation,” said Dean Thomas J. Romig. “Washburn University School of Law provides our students with a high-quality legal education found in many of the best private law schools, but at a public law school price.”

“The Best 172 Law Schools: 2010 Edition” has two-page profiles of the schools with write-ups on their academics, student life and admissions, plus ratings for their academics, selectivity and career placement services.

The Princeton Review surveys students and highlights representative comments. The Review reports that “students rave about the accessibility of the professors and the quality of instruction.” Also among the many positive comments were, “The friendly and supportive professors ‘make law school such a pleasure.'” Another student stated, “I can honestly say that my choice in going to Washburn was the best I could have made, and I don’t think that I would have been happier at another school.”

Students report that “the school is well equipped with an amazing legal library, knowledgeable library staff, and great resources at every turn.” Another student acknowledges Washburn Law’s excellent location in the “state capital, with all the jobs and internship opportunities that it provides.” The profile also states, “Students are quick to note that Washburn’s legal writing program (one of only eight in the country taught by tenure-track faculty) is excellent and has gained national attention, as is its clinic program.”

Washburn University School of Law was founded in 1903 and boasts nearly 7,000 alumni. Washburn Law offers seven Certificates of Concentration and four signature programs, including the Center for Excellence in Advocacy, the Children and Family Law Center, the Business and Transactional Law Center, and the Center for Law and Government.