Bod Talk November 11th

Bod Talk logo

Tip of the week: If you or someone you know is hungry, learn more about The Exchange, an on-campus food pantry opeinging this week.

Want to know what’s going on this week?

Check out the university calendar! You can share events you choose to an Outlook or Google calendar so you never miss a thing.

Wednesday, Nov. 12 – Today is the final day of advance registration

Learn more about the #BodsAtArrowhead football game on Nov. 15. STUDNETS: Get your ticket now for $10 at the Student Activities and Greek Life office, lower level, Memorial Union, and get a bus ride and lunch for free. Buy your ticket early and get a free hat from Bod Squad and a great coupon, too.

Get in the spirit for the big game with a special #BodsAtArrowhead Scorch on the Porch. Stay warm inside the Memorial Union but get an Ichadog, chips, funnel cake and beverage for $5 and shop for some special Fall Classic gear.

Did you sign up for Mock Interview Day? Rock it.

Graduate Social Work Association and American Business Women’s Association meet today.

Enjoy *Yoga at Mulvane and stay to check out three amazing exhibits.

Attention, Faculty: CTEL presents “High Impact Practices: What are they and who uses them?”

Do you have a ticket to the *Etiquette Dinner? This one sold out in record time!

Thursday, Nov. 13

Enjoy *Art at Mulvane and create your own for the Washburn 150 Facebook Photography Contest.

Learn over lunch at a *Gender Brown Bag.

The weather is changing, the days are going to start getting shorter, and the holidays will be here before you know it. Have you been struggling with feeling overwhelmed? Sad? Can’t seem to get motivated? You might be struggling with depression. Contact Washburn Psychological Services Clinic today: 785.670.1750.

Stay on campus tonight for Christian Challenge or Ichtus, both meeting tonight.

Friday, Nov. 14

What a great day to be an Ichabod! Alumni Fellows will be recognized at a luncheon, the Alumni Association After Hours will collect toys for Toys for Tots, *The Crucible opens tonight and the annual *International Club Celebration of Cultures is tonight as well.

Today is the final day to get advanced tickets to the #BodsAtArrowhead football game on Nov. 15. STUDNETS: Get your ticket now for $10 at the Student Activities and Greek Life office, lower level, Memorial Union, and get a bus ride and lunch for free. Buy your ticket early and get a free hat from Bod Squad and a great coupon, too. (Walk-up tickets will be available at Arrowhead Stadium.)

Saturday, Nov. 15 — #BodsAtArrowhead

Make history today as you watch your *Ichabod Football team play for the first time ever in Arrowhead Stadium. #BodsAtArrowhead!

*Ichabod Volleyball hosts University of Nebraska-Kearney tonight.

The Crucible continues tonight.

Sunday, Nov. 16

Get some rest. No events are scheduled on campus today.

Monday, Nov. 17 – National Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week begins

Join Dr. Farley and your fellow Ichabods as the Washburn food pantry, The Exchange, is officially opened today.

C-TEL hosts a teaching circle and faculty senate meets today.

Stay on campus tonight: Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week observance continues with a panel discussion: *“Starving Students: Hungry for an Education” will address campus hunger locally and beyond. *Ichabod Men’s Basketball hosts Southwestern College and the Non-Traditional Student Association meets.

Tuesday, Nov. 18

WU’s Most Fit competition begins today.

Young Americans for Liberty meets.

University administrators will host a town hall meeting regarding the budget.

Stay on campus tonight: Both Ichabod *Women’s and *Men’s basketball teams are playing tonight. Two films will be shown. *The Vegetarian Society presents “Hungry for Change,” a documentary; *Oxfam America Club, HALO, and Bods Feeding Bods present “Cesar Chavez,” the biopic released this year, in recognition of Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week.

Connect with us!

Bod Talk typically is sent weekly to all students, faculty and staff at Washburn University. Check out the Bod Talk on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+ and stay current on campus. #GoBods! Remember, an * next to an event means it is WU 101 passport approved.

Got suggestions or an event you would like to see on the next Bod Talk? If it relates to a campus organization or other university business, submit your event and let us know. Have a great week!