Established 1885

The Washburn Review

Established 1885

The Washburn Review

Established 1885

The Washburn Review

URGE educates students on sex toys

United++for+Reproduction+and+Gender+Equity+hosts+a+sex+toy+trivia+event+Sept.+14%2C+2023.+the+event.+The+club+hosted+the+event+to+encourage+students+to+join+and+to+educate.+
Courtesy of United for Reproduction and Gender Equity
United for Reproduction and Gender Equity hosts a sex toy trivia event Sept. 14, 2023. the event. The club hosted the event to encourage students to join and to educate.

On Thursday, Sept. 14 Unite for Reproduction and Gender Equity hosted “Sex Toy Trivia.”

URGE hosted this event to help encourage students to join an organization early on in the semester and to also better help get their names out. Around 30 students attended in hopes of winning a sex toy.

Chloe Chaffin, a junior majoring in political science and president of URGE, came up with the idea for sex trivia from the Kansas University URGE chapter and thought it was a great way to help destigmatize the use of sex toys and self-pleasure as a whole.

“It’s normal to practice self pleasure and we want people to realize it isn’t a bad thing, it’s rather a way to help release stress and to also practice safe sex,” said Chaffin.

The members of URGE started the meeting off by telling students about upcoming events and how to get more involved in URGE outside of Washburn University. After discussing future plans with URGE members, members began playing Kahoot as part of ‘Sex Toy Trivia’.

URGE members played three rounds of Kahoot to win prizes such as Vibrators, Lube, fleshlight, and many more prizes. The kahoot games covered more than just reproduction, they also dealt with Topeka fun facts and parenting.

URGE stated that they aren’t just here for reproduction, they are also here for aftercare of the abortion pill. Such as how you’re going to pay for the abortion pill and also to help you feel better about it.

The club wants everyone to know that this isn’t just a women’s organization it’s also an educational club for all genders

“You should just care about things that affect others and be educated on things. Feminism does affect men too. It’s also good to hear about other people’s problems in general,” Jaiden Roff, Junior addiction counseling major and president of URGE said

If you’re interested in joining URGE and getting updates on future events then join URGE GroupMe or follow their Instagram.

On Monday, Sept 18, URGE set up a booth in front of the union to give out free period products as well as 3 different shirts provided by URGE.

Students preparing for more questions on kahoot. Students cheered for each other as they earned prizes to better help build confidence in selecting their winnings.

Members of URGE gather to take a picture with the presidents after playing Kahoot. Students were excited for future events with URGE members .

URGE prepares to start telling new members about future events. Students introduced themselves and prepared to win awards.

Students preparing for more questions on Kahoot. Students cheered for each other as they earned prizes to better help build confidence in selecting their winnings.

Jaiden Roff, Junior addiction counseling major and president of URGE waits patiently for members to join sex toy trivia Kahoot game. Students prepared themselves to answer questions about reproductive organs.

Edited by LeSha’ Davis and Cheyenne Hittle