WU Fest introduces students to campus organizations

WU Fest brings Washburn students together as a community, with over 30 organizations to help students find an organization best for them. The event happened Aug. 29 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the Union lawn.

“I think WU Fest is a lot of fun. I think it’s nice to organize the tables to have an interest in kind of certain areas. All the STEM clubs are in same area and all the campus ministries are all in the same area,” said Graci Postma, a senior auctorial science and business finance major. “I like there are a lot of free stuff to grab and a lot of information we can know about campus organizations and the campus itself.”

Organizations like the Dungeons & Dragons Club and several others demonstrated how WU Fest welcomes students from numerous different backgrounds to Washburn and gives them an opportunity to find the right organization for them.

“WU Fest means community to me because you get to meet all different kinds of people, new old current students everyone comes to WU Fest,” said Cat Tew, graduate student in education and president of the Dungeons & Dragons Club.

For incoming students especially, it is an opportunity for them to learn and experience just what being an Ichabod is all about.

“WU Fest is a way for me to figure out all my opportunities and it is a way for me to get involved in at Washburn,” said Emma Armstrong, freshman exploratory major.

Josh Anderson, sophomore digital forensics major and  member of the Board Game Club, also gave his opinion about WU Fest.

“WU Fest is a place where you can get to know everyone on campus and get involved,” Anderson said.

The event had a large turnout with students getting to talk to all different kinds of organizations. One of the highlights of WU Fest was the plethora of activities available for students to enjoy. From sports to arts and crafts, or simply mingling with fellow students, there’s something for everyone.

WU Fest is meant as a way for the campus to show students what the Washburn community has to offer and to tell them about the opportunities that open up to them here.

Edited by Larissa Morgan and Aja Carter