We Are F1rst holds Halloween Bash to help students get into the spooky spirit

In the spirit of Halloween, leaders of the We are F1rst student organization put together a “Halloween Bash” for any student to come and have a fun time.

The Halloween Bash had a really great turnout and many students showed up to join in on the fun. The event occurred Wednesday, Oct. 26 from 4-5 p.m. The Bash featured many Halloween-related games, snacks, prizes and more. When students first arrived, they were treated to complimentary pizza and drinks.

“It’s like a little gathering; kind of like a party for spooky vibes before Halloween because Halloween is on Monday. I think this is a good event to just destress everyone from finals and midterms,” said Jenny Tran, president of We are F1rst.

Several students that attended the event dressed up to get in the Halloween spirit.

Luiz Alcantara, a senior in psychology, dressed up as a ghost, wearing a sheet with two holes cut out for the eyes, a pair of sunglasses and a backwards red cap.

“I’m here because I’m a first-gen myself and I love it. I think the F1rst generation organization is doing a really great job, and they are really drawing in students who aren’t first generation students” said Cheyenne Colwell, a senior in history education.

At the Halloween Bash, students played bingo, charades and even a mummy-wrapping game, which involved getting into teams and wrapping one person in two whole rolls of toilet paper.

Students received candy for participating in each game, and the room was full of chatter and excitement while games were being played.

“I think it creates a fun opportunity for first generation students to come together, socialize, have fun, eat candy and enjoy the holiday.” said Emily Reb, secretary of We are F1rst.

Edited by LeSha’ Davis, Aja Carter