Washburn University Business Organizations Host Back 2 School Fair

Posted WU Staff

Washburn University business organizations will host a Back 2 School Fair on Friday August 8.

The Back 2 School Fair is a project aimed at providing resources for lower income families and students, grades K – 8, in the USD 501 school district for the upcoming school year to be prepared and successful.

“We are doing this to help out students, families, and community members that would otherwise struggle to get the necessary resources needed for school,” said Charles Morgan, event coordinator.

The Washburn business organizations want to help support these families and motivate students to excel in education.

By providing an atmosphere that promotes education, health, and exercise, families and students will be energized to start the school year.

“This is more than just about school supplies. We want to create a fun environment that gives students opportunities to improve their overall well-being along with their academics. We wish to excite students towards post-graduation education while having a good time,” said Morgan.

The fair’s on-campus location will provide an educational experience for students that the Washburn School of Business organizations hope will inspire the children to attend Washburn University or any college or university in the future.

The event will also provide fun activities for students to participate as well. Washburn organizations will have booths with face painting, games, and much more.

Through local sponsorship, the Washburn student business organizations hope to provide approximately 500 backpacks containing essential school supplies. The event will take place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at outside of the Memorial Union at Washburn University.