Summer Financial Aid Application Now Available

Washburn Student Media: News that matters to WU. Email us at [email protected]

The Summer Financial Aid Application is now available for submission. You must submit the Summer Financial Aid Application in order to be considered for any federal financial aid for the summer 2015 term.  Typically, your summer 2015 financial aid is based upon any remaining funds from the 2014 – 2015 academic year; even if you have used all of your Federal Financial Aid during the Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 semester, it is recommend that you submit your Summer Financial Aid Application so you may be considered for any additional funding, such as, the Federal Perkins Loan.

For the summer 2015 term, the Financial Aid Office has increased the semester award for the Federal Perkins Loan to $4,000 or if you are a previous borrow for this academic year, up to $5,500 for the year. The Federal Perkins Loan has several benefits that the Federal Stafford Loans do provide; such as a longer grace period (9 months) and no origination fees. For additional information on the Federal Perkins Loan, please visit: https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/loans/perkins.

The Federal Pell Grant is awarded based upon your remaining eligibility for the academic year and is placed on your account based upon full-time enrollment. The Federal Pell Grant is paid to your account based upon your actual enrollment. To be considered for any federal loans, you must be concurrently enrolled at least half-time as defined below:

Undergraduate                                                                              Graduate/Law
Full time = 12 or more credit hours                                           Full time = 6 or more credit hours
3/4 time – 9-11 credit hours                                                         Half time= 3-5 credit hours
1/2 time = 6-8 credit hours

To submit the Summer Financial Aid Application, go to http://www.washburn.edu/admissions/paying-for-college/financial-aid/forms.html and click on Summer Financial Aid Application under the Online Forms section.

If you have any further questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at [email protected].