No Bod buzz on iPhone

Mark Feuerborn

Washburn students are seemingly unimpressed by the new iPhone 6s and iPad Pro that Apple recently unveiled.

The new iPhone 6s boasts new features such as a “3D touch” feature that senses how “deeply” the user presses on their screen to provide different results, a 12 megapixel camera and Apple’s A9 chip, which claims to provide desktop computer speed. A larger version, the iPhone 6s Plus, will also be available.

The iPhone 6s’ release counterpart, the iPad Pro, features a 12.9-inch screen, a similar A9X chip, which Apple claims has a CPU performance 1.8 times that of the iPad Air 2, and the ability to work with the new Apple Pencil, sold separately.

The iPhone 6s is available for pre-order for $649.99, while the iPhone 6s Plus runs for $749.99. The iPad Pro is not yet available for pre-order.

With many Ichabods on a college budget, the price for the new Apple products seems to be a dealbreaker. 

“I hear it’s really expensive, and I’m a college student, so I’m not going to buy it,” said Zachary Johnson, junior.

Other Bods express disinterest in the new Apple products due to their being happy with the Apple products they currently have.

“Mine works just fine,” said Chris Gomez, freshman.

iPhone competitor Android’s holding on students has also affected interest in the new Apple products.

“I’ve had an iPod and iPad in the past and both gave me problems. I prefer Androids because of the durability and ability to customize it to your preferences easier,” said Miranda Powell, junior.