Student health services available at Washburn

Mindy Barks

Visiting a physician or going to the hospital can be costly, especially for students.

Fortunately, students have the opportunity to access the healthcare they need for little to no cost at Washburn’s Student Health Services center. Located in room 140 in Morgan Hall, Student Health Services offers a wide range of services for students including urgent care for illness and injury, physical exams, STI treatment and immunizations.

While most services are free-of-charge for students with a valid WU ID, laboratory testing, X-rays, TB testing, immunizations and prescription medication require a fee to be paid.

The staff at Student Health Services have collaborated with WU Counseling Services for students seeking mental health services as well. Services at WU Counseling focus on short-term counseling options to help students perform well academically and mentally. They provide support for building healthy relationships, improving communication skills, managing stress and anxiety, and supporting LGBT concerns. If students are in need of ADHD assessments, addiction counseling, learning disability assessments or medical management, WU Counseling Services commonly provide referrals to outside resources.

Student Health Services is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. It is open Wednesday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For more information, call (785) 670-1470 or visit http://www.washburn.edu/current-students/services/health-services/index.html.