WU Words: It wasn’t until recently that I became interested in learning about my family heritage…

It wasn’t until recently that I became interested in learning about my family heritage. My paternal great grandparent’s families immigrated to the United States from Germany during the late 1800s. I just began planning a trip to Germany for when I graduate college so I can see where my family hailed from one hundred some years ago.

I feel like I am not much different than the majority of the students at Washburn. I am from a small town that is relatively close to Washburn. I actually had no interest in going to college until an admissions counselor from Washburn visited my high school and I agreed to come visit. As soon as I stepped on campus, I knew it was the place for me. It felt like a place I could call my second home. Washburn is like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Although I feel like I am all the students here, I know I am far from being similar to any single person. Out of the several thousand students here, I bet I am one of the few students that loves chemistry. I feel that the vast majority of people do not like the subject, but I cannot get enough of it!

Looking back, I would not have changed a thing. I am beyond happy that I chose to come to Washburn. It truly feels like my home away from home.