WIFI Film Festival 2024

This+year+WIFI+theme+is+Washburn+University+WUmester+theme%3A+Community+and+Belonging.+Submissions+are+taken+from+all+over+the+world+and+will+reopen+in+June.+
    courtesy of WIFI Film Festival
    This year WIFI theme is Washburn University WUmester theme: Community and Belonging. Submissions are taken from all over the world and will reopen in June.

The WIFI Film Festival creates a platform for filmmaking and education once again. This film festival highlights the creative and unique works from filmmakers all over the Midwest. Short films are submitted and showcased during the festival give a spotlight to those who’ve created films.

Hosted April 20-21, the festival focused on community and belonging aligned with the WUmester theme. The festival provided workshops along this theme.

The creative team behind the project was smaller this year and composed of mainly students. Each of these students put together the different elements of the festival. View the WIFI Film Festival team here.

Find out more about this year’s film festival through the link below.