Not Anymore

DeyJa Cardenas

——–CURRENTLY BEING WORKED ON———-

As students at Washburn we are required to complete the online training that has been emailed to all of us, “Not Anymore.” Essentially the online training is designed to inform us of the dangers that exist and are often overlooked in everyday relationships, and circumstances. The training consists of real life survivors and stories from their traumatic experience. The content of their stories is real, which is why we are asked to advise trauma survivors to be warned of trauma triggers throughout the videos. The training provides statistics about rape, sexual violence, harassment etc., throughout a certain timeline. Throughout the training you will be asked a series of questions to help better your knowledge about the topic, the training takes about 2.5 hours to complete.

The information and experiences shared by each survivor is provided in hopes to be resourceful to everyone. In a sense, that these survivors share their stories so that the rest of the community will hopefully never have to experience that. If you or someone you know has experienced anything, such as sexual assault, rape, harassment or discrimination, we encourage you to please contact the Washburn police department. Remember, you can call anonymously to ask for advice before pursuing to file a report. Research unveils that the reports of rape, sexual assault, and harassment have increased almost 200% between the years of 2001 and 2014, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. 

Research shows that, “11.2% of all students experience rape or sexual assault through physical force, violence, or incapacitation.” Research suggests that most of these incidents occur mostly around August, September, October or November. The Not Anymore training is sent to every student during the beginning of their first year. You will continue to receive the email, and reminder to complete this [training exercise] until you have done so, throughout your entire career at Washburn. 

Washburn has extensive discrimination policies that is taken seriously by the members of the Washburn Community. We advise you to report all acts of discrimination that you assume potentially dangerous to the Washburn Police department. Morgan Hall, Room 156 (785) 670-1153

We encourage you to complete the training to further educate you. All trauma survivors are advised to be warned as there are some trigger warnings throughout the videos.

Additional resources cut out and put on your wall:

Non-Confidential Campus Resources

Office of Equal Opportunity. The Equal Opportunity Director/Title IX Coordinator investigates complaints of discrimination, harassment and sexual violence. Complaints may be reported by telephone, by email, or online:

(785) 670-1509

[email protected]

Campus Police:

The service is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week and may be requested by calling: (785) 670-1153 or pushing one of the Help Phone emergency buttons found throughout the Washburn University campus. Morgan Hall, Room 156

CONFIDENTIAL Campus Resources

University Counseling Services: Provides confidential counseling services to all currently enrolled Washburn students at no cost.

(785) 670-3100

Student Health Services:

(785) 670-1470

Campus Advocate: Provides confidential victim advocacy and trauma-informed care for students and employees of Washburn University who are victims of crime.

(785) 670-3100

For Employees: Employee Assistance Program. (785) 670-1538