Annual Thanksgiving Gourmet Buffet

The annual Thanksgiving Gourmet Buffet is on Thursday, Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Washburn room A. Come celebrate the holiday with amazing food and live music.

On the menu is all the traditional Thanksgiving foods: including Turkey, stuffing, ham, mashed potatoes & gravy, bourbon glazed sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and more provided by Chartwells. The tickets for the event are $9 each in advance and can be purchased at any of the dining areas on campus. If you purchase them at the door of the event they are $10 each. Tickets can be purchased with icard, credit card, or cash.

The event is open to Washburn University students, faculty, and staff as well as the public. It is a very popular event for Washburn students and the public and many have come to look forward to it every year.

Reyna Perez is a senior human services major that has gone to the dinner for several years.

“I think for the price you are getting an amazing dinner, especially for students who can’t go home for the holiday, they can have a warm, delicious meal for a good price, and it’s something different than the usual food we eat on a daily basis.”

It’s a great way for the Topeka community to get involved with the students and see the campus. The event also offers live harp music which sets the scene of a cozy Thanksgiving dinner. The dinner is buffet style so everyone can get their fill of delicious food, just like at Thanksgiving no one will judge you if you go back for seconds, or even thirds.

If there are any questions about the event feel free to contact Becky Bolte at [email protected] or call her at 785-670-1726. Happy Thanksgiving!