Bod Briefs Issue 16

Support the Bra Drive on campus

Washburn University’s Student Health Services and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority are wrapping up their bra drive Jan. 31. Students can donate new or gently used bras to benefit victims of sex trafficking. Money is also being collected. All bra donations are being collected in Morgan 140. For more information, contact (785) 670-1470.

You can win at Grocery Bingo

Students can play Grocery Bingo in the Union Marketplace at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31. CAB is giving out gift cards, groceries and a set of air pods for the winners. If a student reposts the CAB Grocery Bingo on their Instagram story before 3 p.m. on Thursday, they can get an extra bingo card.

First Friday Chocolate Walk in Topeka

Topeka hosts its Annual Chocolate Walk along Kansas Ave. from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1. Visit local businesses for chocolate samples, shop downtown and view beautiful artwork.

“Watch Ya Mouth”

Black Student Union and HALO host a discussion called “Watch Ya Mouth” in the Blair Room of the Living Learning Center at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4. 

Scholarship Auditions 

The music department is holding scholarship audition dates Saturday, Feb. 2. Students wishing to major in music are required to audition to be accepted in the department of music. This audition will serve as admission to the music program and scholarship consideration. Non-music majors are also eligible for a music scholarship and invited to audition. To register, visit the Washburn website and search for music auditions.

Need a laugh? See comedian Kevin Bozman

Students can have an entertaining night in Washburn A/B at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5. CAB will be hosting the late night comedy.

Brown Bag Lecture: Themester edition

Grab lunch and bring it to a Themester Brown Bag Lecture in the International House at noon Wednesday, Feb. 6. History professor Tom Prasch will speak on the topic of “Inalienable Rights”: The Spread of an Idea. 

Resume Roadshow

Students can bring their resumes for a quick expert appraisal before the Career Fair to the Union Main Lobby at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 11.

Spring Career Fair

Students, alumni and the community are welcome to attend the Spring Career Fair in Lee Arena at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13. Washburn typically has about 100 exhibitors from Topeka and the surrounding area. This is an event to help prepare students for their future careers.