Bod Briefs Issue 15

Need a study break? Games in Mabee with pizza

Students can snag a slice of pizza in Mabee at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23 for game night. The Student Friends of Mabee Library will provide the pizza and games, but students can bring games of their own as well.

Musical tryouts this week for show in April

All Washburn students can audition for the musical comedy, “Curtains,” a play by Holmes, Kandor and Ebbs. Auditions begin at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 24-25 in Garvey Room 32. The play will be performed April 4, 5, 12, 13 and 14. Contact [email protected] with questions.

Themester: events aim to give understanding

Students from the School of Law will help students understand how to understand the First Amendment at noon Jan. 27 in the Union Underground.

Steve Hageman, Center for Student Success lecturer, will present “Free Speech, Sports, and Protest in American History and Memory” at noon Monday, Jan. 28 in Mabee Library.

Burrito break benefits Leadership Institute

Students who eat at Chipolte, 21st and Wanamaker, between 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 31, will be supporting the Washburn Leadership Institute. Chipolte will donate 33 percent of its profits from all diners who mention the institute.

Who’s Who nomination deadline is Feb. 1

Faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate top students to Washburn’s Who Who. Eligible students must have a minimum      of 60 credit hours for Associate Degrees, 90 credit hours for      undergraduate, and 18 for graduate students by the end of the Fall 2018 semester and be graduating in May or Summer 2019. December 2018 graduates are also elgible. Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, and be engaged in campus life and community service, and show campus leadership initiative. 

Contact [email protected] for the link to nominate your students.

Application for graduation deadline is Feb. 1

Students who are graduating during spring or summer 2019 need to fill out an application for degree by Feb. 1. Students can find the link on the Student Academics section of mywashburn or stop by the Registrar’s office in Morgan Hall.

Disney’s 101 Dalmations Kids

Based on the classic animated film, Disney’s 101 Dalmatians KIDS is a fur-raising adventure featuring Cruella De Vil, Disney’s most outrageous villain, and 101 of the most adorable heroes to set their paws onstage. With a high-spirited score and lovable characters, this stage adaptation is certain to charm and delight all audiences. The show takes place at the Helen Hocker Performing Arts Center at 700 SW Zoo Parkway in Topeka. Showtimes vary. Call the box office at 785-251-5990 for more details.