Bod Briefs Issue 18

Bowling for Blues!

Take a study break and visit the Washburn University Dancing Blues from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17 at Gage Bowl (4200 SW Huntoon). Bowling for Blues is a fundraiser for the Dancing Blues. Tickets cost $25 for adults 18 and over and $15 for WU students or persons 17 and younger. The ticket includes two hours of bowling, shoe rental, a hot dog, chips and a soft drink. There will also be a silent auction and prize giveaways. 

Need some public speaking tips?

Meet Professor Tracy Routsong, communication studies, and discuss quick tips for public speaking at noon Tuesday, Feb. 19 in the Union Market. 

Support friends at the Capitol

Washburn undergraduate students will be presenting their research at the annual Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20. Take the time to check out what amazing research your peers have been doing.

Are you obsessed with your pets?

It’s National Love Your Pet Day! Helping Hands Humane Society will be coming to Washburn from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20. They will be located in the lower level of the Memorial Union. HHHS will be bringing dogs and cats for selfies and pet therapy. There will also be free coffee and tea.

Did someone say free food?

You’re invited to the First Union Underground Bash from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20. Meet new organizations, visit the renamed Office of Student Involvement and Development, get free food and drink and receive discounts at the Ichabod Shop. Join WSGA, Student Media, CAB, OSID, Ichabod Shop and KRWU in the big celebration.

Sigma Phi Epsilon Philanthropy Week

All day Monday, Feb. 18: Percentage night at any Pizza Hut in Topeka. Ask a Sig Ep for a code.

12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19: Percentage night at Panda Express. 20 percent of all proceeds will go to Sigma Phi Epsilon.

6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20: Spaghetti Feed at 2001 SW MacVicar Ave. Bring $5 for one plate or $8 for unlimited. 

6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21: Dodgeball night at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. $5 per person and five people per team. Venmo or cash is accepted.

6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22: Movie and 2K tournament night at 2001 SW MacVicar Ave.

Strangers in Town comes to Washburn

There will be a film screening of Strangers in Town at 7 p.m. Feb. 19 in the Neese Gray Theatre. Strangers in Town is a documentary film about immigration in Garden City, Kansas. This film is a part of the Themester events.