Mabee Library provides access to major publications

News General Cover Photo

Adam White

Mabee Library digitally provides access to several major news publications. The New York Times, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Wall Street Journal are all provided at no direct or extra charge to students.

To access these and several other publications, first go to Mabee Library’s website at washburn.edu/mabee. Then, click on “Find It.” Next, click on “Articles & Databases.” The publications are all organized alphabetically, so if you’re looking for The New York Times for example, click on the letter “n.” Students must set up a free account in order to obtain a New York Times Academic Pass. Then refer to the instructional sheet that should load upon clicking the link to the New York Times Academic Pass.

Washburn University also provides premium access to The Chronicle of Higher Education with no extra fee for students. Please go to http://0-chronicle.com.topekalibraries.info/ to log-in or create an account. Students should use their first and last names with a space separating them as their username and their WIN without the “w” as their password. 

Access to The Wall Street Journal is provided in partnership with the Washburn School of Business. Students must be on campus and be using a campus computer to activate their account with The Wall Street Journal. To activate your account, first login-in to MyWashburn. Then, select University Services and in the Mabee Library box, click on the Wall Street Journal link. Next, enter your complete Washburn email address. Students will then see a create account screen. After this students should be able to log-in to WSJ.com from anywhere through their account. 

Be sure to take advantage of these great and free opportunities. Students can also get help by calling the Mabee Library Reference Desk at 670-1483.

Edited by Joelle Conway and Abbie Barth