Summer 2019 Sports and Band Camps

Adam White

This summer Washburn University will host a wide variety of summer camps for a range of sports. The campus will also see a few band camps taking place as well. 

The Brett Ballard Basketball Camps will focus on ball-handling, shooting, passing, defensive rebounding and much more. The camps are open to boys and girls ages 6-14. The cost is $85. There will be several basketball camps, with some being half-days. On June 3, two separate camps, a morning and an afternoon camp will take place. The morning camp is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and goes until noon. The afternoon camp is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. These two camps will run until June 6. An all-day camp is scheduled to be held on June 17, beginning at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude on June 20. Finally, June 24 thru 27 will see an additional round of half-day camps occurring, with the morning camp scheduled for 9 a.m. to noon, and the afternoon camp being held from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. once more. 

Several football camps will be taking place as well. The Big Blue Blitz Camp will happen June 3 thru 6 from 9 a.m. to noon. It is open to ages 7-12. The cost is $75. The Big Blue Touchdown Camp will be taking place June 3 thru 6 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is open to ages 7-12. The cost is $110. The 2019 Ichabod Padded Prospect Camp will be taking place on June 7 at Yager Stadium from 9 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. The camp is open to any participants who are entering grades 9 through 12. The cost is $40. The Washburn Ichabods “Team Camp” is scheduled to take place June 18 from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost is $25 per camper. The camps is open to high school teams grades 9 through 12. 

Women’s soccer has a total of five camps taking place this summer. The first camp taking place is the Strikers & Keepers Camp from July 1 to July 3, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Yager Stadium. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 8-18. The cost is $75. The Little Bods Youth Camp is scheduled for July 15 through July 17, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Yager Stadium. The camp is open to boys and girls ages 4 through 8. The cost is $65. The Future Bods Youth Camp will occur July 18 through July 20, 9 a.m. to noon in Yager Stadium. It is open to boys and girls ages 9 through 14. The cost is $100. The Soccer Residential Camp will run overnight between July 19 and 20, beginning at 9 a.m. on July 19 and concluding on July 20 at 9 p.m. It is open to boys and girls ages 10 through 16. The cost is $250. The Elite ID Camp is on July 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is open to girls ages 14 through 18. 

Women’s Basketball has two camps. June 10 through 12, from 9 a.m. to noon, girls entering grades 2-8 can take part in the Youth Camp. The cost is $75. On June 13, The Elite Camp will occur from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is open for girls entering grades 9 through 12. The cost is $65. 

There are two Baseball Camps as well. The first is from June 10 to June 12 from 9 a.m. to noon. It is for ages 8 through 10. The cost is $100 per camper. The second camp is scheduled for June 17 through June 19, 9 a.m. to noon. It is for ages 11 through 14. The cost is $100 per camper. 

Several Volleyball camps are taking place this summer as well. The Jr. Bods General Skills Camp will be held on July 10. Grades 4 through 6 will be at 9 a.m. and go until noon. The cost will be $50. Also on July 10, grades 7 through 9 will be at 1 p.m. and go until 4 p.m. The cost will be $70. Serving Camp will take place on July 11 for grades 5 through 8, 10 a.m. to noon. The cost will be $50. The Pass & Defense Camp will take place on July 12 for grades 6 through 8. It will happen from 9 a.m. to noon and the cost will be $70. The Pass & Defense Camp will also occur July 15 for grades 9 through 12. It will happen 9 a.m. to noon. The cost will be $70. A Setters Camp will take place July 12 for grades 6 through 8 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The cost will be $70. July 15 will also host a Setters Camp for grades 9 through 12 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The cost will be $70. A Hitters Camp will occur on July 13 for grades 6 through 8 from 8:30 a.m. to noon and will cost $70. July 16 will also see a Hitters Camp happen for grades 9 through 12, 8:30 a.m. to noon. The cost will be $70. A Speed & Agility Camp will take place July 17 for grades 7 through 12, 9 a.m. to noon. The cost will be $70. An overnight camp will take place July 19 through 20 for grades 9 through 12. Check-in time is noon on July 19 and check-out time is noon on July 20. The cost is $175. There will be a Try-out Ready Camp on Aug. 10 for grades 7 through 12. The cost is $65 for all sessions or $20 per session. The schedule of sessions is as follows: Setters 9-10:30 a.m. Hitters 10:30 a.m. to noon Pass & Def 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Multiple Drill 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will also be a Team Camp from June 21 through 22 for grades 9 through 12. The cost is $55 per player and teams must have a minimum of eight players.

There are also three Washburn Softball camps this summer. They will run June 3 through 5 with the Youth Skills Camp being for grades 1 through 8 and will be from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. The cost is $75. A Pitching/Catching Camp is scheduled for 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cost is $75. There is also a Skills Camp: High School for grades 9 through 12 from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $100. 

–DNP UNTIL GRAPHIC IS UPLOADED–

There are also two band camps this summer. The Coleman-Hawkins Summer Jazz Camp will run June 10 through 15. This camp is open to middle and high school students grades 7 through 12. The costs are as follows, $490 for a camper with single occupancy, $450 for campers with double occupancy and $300 for non-campers. The 15th Annual Washburn Total Percussion Camp will occur July 16 through July 20. The cost is $400. 

For more information and verification, be sure to check out wusports.com/camps as well as the Washburn Music Department’s website. 

Edited by Abbie Barth and Joelle Conway