Ron Clark, known as ‘America’s Educator,’ to speak at Washburn University Feb. 24; free tickets required for admission

TOPEKA – Ron Clark, who is known for his ability to raise test scores by using unique and innovative methods that incorporate innovation, creativity and the 55 classroom rules, will speak from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24, in Washburn Room, Memorial Union, Washburn University. The event is free and open to the public, however a ticket is required to be admitted.

Washburn students may pick up free tickets in the Student Activities and Greek Life office and education department through Feb. 15. Students must have a WU ID and are limited to two tickets.Beginning Feb. 16, a limited number of tickets will be available to the public free of charge. A maximum of two tickets may be picked up in person in the Student Activities and Greek Life office, lower level, Memorial Union, or the education department, Carnegie Hall. If you would like tickets held that you may pick up the night of the event, e-mail Blake Bryant, [email protected], requesting no more than two tickets. He will reply to your e-mail to confirm your tickets. Clark is a New York Times bestselling author whose book, “The Essential 55,” has sold more than 1 million copies and has been published in 25 different countries. He has also written “The Excellent 11” and both books, with workbooks, CDs and DVDs will be sold at the event. Clark has appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show twice and was the 2000 Disney Teacher of the Year. He started and operates the Ron Clark Academy, www.ronclarkacademy.com, where students exceed the line of excellence. Clark’s teaching experiences in New York City are the subject of the film, “The Ron Clark Story,” starring actor Matthew Perry. St. Francis Health Center, is the premier sponsor of the Washburn Lecture Series. Co-sponsors are Washburn education department and Washburn Student Government Association (WSGA). For more information, contact WSGA at (785) 670-1169 or Blake Bryant, special events director, WSGA, at (785) 670-2323.