A student’s call for action

Nicole Stejskal

Since beginning my study and work in the field of mass media, I have had a passion for giving a voice to those who may otherwise not have one. This is especially true in my current position, where I have the privilege of expressing thoughts and opinions in a section of the paper that I have almost complete control over.

With this privilege and power also comes the responsibility of serving the students and ensuring their needs are heard by those who matter. This was the motivation behind my column two weeks ago, where I discussed the need for improvement in our university’s services. And I am happy to say that our voices have finally been heard.

I have been asked to put together a focus group of students who have experienced problems with one or more of the offices that provide services to students, especially those offices that I have previously addressed. With this group lies the opportunity to speak to various university leaders about the problems we have all been facing in hopes of coming to a reasonable solution.

If you are interested in being a part of this group, please contact me as soon as possible. We are looking for any and all students who are interested in making a difference on our campus. Our voices have been heard. Now it’s time to take action.