Washburn Spring Career Fair

One of the most important items that students should bring with them to the Career Fair is their resume.

The Spring Career Fair will be held on February 19, 2014. The location for this event will be Lee Arena on the Washburn University campus. The event will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

There are currently 84 employers that are registered to attend this event. A full list of employers that are currently registered is available online by going to http://www.washburn.edu/current-students/career-services/index.html and clicking on the list of employers link in the middle of the page. After you click on this link, you will be taken to another screen and if you click on the button that says view employers attending then you will be taken to a screen where you will be able to see all the employers that will be attending this event.  This list is updated daily.

The Washburn University Career Services department sponsors the Career Fair. It is held on campus in the fall and spring semesters. This career fair is the only general career fair for the spring semester.

Professional dress is expected for this Career Fair. This event should be regarded like an interview where you want to dress the part in order to make a great first impression. You want to make sure that you look your best since you are coming to network with employers.

Career Services has composed a list of what items they recommend that students bring with them to the Career Fair. One of the most important items that students should bring with them is their resume. It is highly recommended that students who are planning on going to the Career Fair have their resume evaluated by a staff member from Career Services. If students would like to have their resume reviewed, they can call Career Services at 785-670-1450 and make an appointment.

There are also several other things that Career Services recommends (according to their website/handouts) that students bring along with them to the Career Fair. They should bring a notepad and pen along to take notes with when they are visiting with employers. They should also bring along great interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a smile as these always go a long way towards impressing a potential employer. Another item that students will want to make sure they have with them is knowledge of the organizations they are interested in. This will help them to impress recruiters and give them a better chance of becoming employed with that organization.

Students will be able to discuss job prospects with company recruiters. Graduate school admissions representatives will be on hand as well for those students who are looking to apply to graduate level programs. Employers will have part time, full time, and internship opportunities available for students.

If you have any questions regarding the Career Fair, please contact Duane Williams by phone at 785-670-1939 or by email at [email protected].