Important fall commencement ceremony details

Washburn Student Media: News that matters to WU. Email us at [email protected]

The Fall Commencement Ceremony is Friday, December 12, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in Lee Arena in the Petro Allied Health Center. The ceremony is expected to last approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours.

During the week of November 10 all undergraduate (associate’s and bachelor’s) and master’s candidates for graduation should receive Fall Commencement Ceremony Instructions and final information in the mail (sent November 7). (School of Law candidates please see sixth paragraph below.) Candidates for graduation are students who have filed an Application for Graduation AND have received an email from the auditors in the University Registrar’s office giving them clearance to participate (walk) in the ceremony, as well as potential graduates who may still have information required to receive final clearance. (If you are planning to graduate and participate in the ceremony and have not filed an Application for Graduation, you must do so immediately – contact the auditors at [email protected] if you have questions or need assistance.) Receipt of the ceremony instructions in the mail does not always indicate that you have been cleared to participate in the ceremony – if you filed your Application for Graduation by the deadline (September 5) and have not received an email (to your MyWashburn email) by mid-November, please contact [email protected].

A PDF of the ceremony instructions is also posted on the Fall Ceremony page on the Commencement web site at www.washburn.edu/commencement under Important Information in the right column.

Candidates are to report to Petro 125 no less than 30 minutes (preferred is between 45 to 60 minutes) prior to the beginning of the ceremony to pick up their name card and if applicable, their Latin Honor cord. There will not be a practice for .the ceremony. Questions regarding the ceremony only should be directed to the Commencement Services Office at [email protected].

ACCESSIBILITY – If you would like assistance before, during or after the ceremony, please contact [email protected] (785.670.1629) no later than November 21 and refer to the Accessible Parking/Seating For Commencement information on page 3 of the ceremony instructions.

SCHOOL OF LAW – December 2014 graduates of the Washburn University School of Law will find degree audit and commencement information at www.washburnlaw.edu/commencement. If you have questions about whether or not you have completed all requirements for graduation, please contact Donna Haverkamp, Student Records Coordinator, in the Dean’s office, Room 202 ([email protected] or 785.670.1661). Any law student or family member with questions relating to the Law School events leading up to and including the day of commencement, please contact Gwyn Nelson, Senior Administrative Assistant, Room 203 ([email protected] or 785.670.2460).

IMPORTANT – To ensure that you receive notice from the professional photographer that your proofs are ready to view after the ceremony, please go to www.gradimages.com and click on Pre-Event Registration to register your permanent email address. A link to this site is also located on the Commencement web site at www.washburn.edu/commencement. Your email address will not be shared with anyone else – it is only used by the professional photographer for notification of your proofs. Two photos will be taken during the ceremony – one as you receive your diploma cover and the second will be a portrait-style photo taken after you exit the stage. You are under no obligation to purchase photos, but the best guarantee to be able to view your proofs is to pre-register your permanent email address. You will also have the convenience of registering up to six (6) more emails of family or friends so they have the opportunity to view your proofs.

Submitted and posted by CJ Crawford, Commencement Coordinator

Date: 11/10/14

Targeted to all students