A few minutes before 5 p.m today Morgan Hall was evacuated and soon after fire fighters were on the scene.
Witnesses stood outside the building waiting for the all clear. Some had been in meetings while others had been in class. Most parties involved dropped their belongings immediately, including backpacks and other personal items.
At the moment there is no further information, but a few stated that they believed there was an odor or fumes detected in the building before the evacuation.
More details on this story will be updated when more information is available.
UPDATE: After speaking to the Washburn police department, it was found that dust from the building’s construction had collected inside the smoke detectors and caused them to behave as if they detected a fire.
At no time were any students or faculty in danger.