I’m very excited to announce the launch of a new mobile app for Washburn University. You can find “Ellucian Go” in both the Apple Store for iPhones and iPads or the Google Store for Android devices. Once you install the app, you simply need to select Washburn University from the list of participating schools. ‘
Our intent was to get the app launched before the end of classes so you can use it to check your grades once they are released. 🙂
There is an option to “Sign In” to get access to features like Courses, Grades, Notifications and the Student/Faculty Directory. Sign in using your MyWashburn username and password.
You will also find connections to D2L, campus news and events, campus maps, Mabee Library, directories and our social media feeds.
New services we hope to add this summer include access to your University Bill via TouchNet and the ability to register for classes.
We will update a new mobile app web page as we continue to update services. We will also alert you of new capabilities, possibly through the App’s built-in notification service, so get the app now.
If you have difficulty installing the new mobile app, you can contact ITS Support by calling 785-670-3000, emailing [email protected] or by stopping by the ITS Service Window in Bennett Computer Center.
Let me temper my excitement with a few notes.
1. This is our initial release. We feel we have enough features to warrant launching the mobile app without waiting for additional features.
2. In short order, we will be adding a Feedback form on the app. Please feel free to provide feedback on the use of the app and features you would like to see in the future.
3. While we link to D2L and email services from the app, you are still required to separately login to these services. In the future, probably early 2016, we plan to have single sign on capabilities to transparently hook you into these services once you are logged into the app itself.
4. Today, the Student and Faculty Directory does not contain staff contacts… something we hope to add with Ellucian’s assistance in the near future.
5. Ellucian continues to update to the mobile app with new features/services; the next release is coming very soon.
6. The design of the app allows us to extend its services/features through information feeds and responsive design mobile web services. So, we will continue to develop new services in the future and alert you as they are published… possibly through the built-in notification capabilities, so get the app now. 🙂
Have a great day.
CIO/Director of Information Technology Services