Extensions and Outcomes of the Kansas Legislature on the next KTWU I’VE GOT ISSUES

Washburn Student Media: News that matters to WU. Email us at [email protected]

On our next episode of KTWU’s I’VE GOT ISSUES, the program will take a look at the legislative session in Kansas. Experts discuss why the session was extended and what the final outcome means for Kansans. With a group of area journalists and professors, this new program will be broadcast on Thursday, June 25, 2015, at 7:30 p.m. on KTWU-HD, Digital Channel 11.1.

Covered in a lively discussion by IGI guests, program topics include tax increases, educational funding and the media coverage.  Guests include Senator Laura Kelly (18th District – D), Jonathan Shorman (Topeka Capital Journal Statehouse Reporter) and Dr. Bob Beatty (Professor of Political Science – Washburn University).

The I’VE GOT ISSUES series is hosted by Janet Thompson Jackson.

About KTWU

Celebrating 50 years of local public television in 2015, KTWU broadcasts can be seen in eastern Kansas and portions of Nebraska, Missouri and Oklahoma. Through over-the-air broadcast and carriage on cable and satellite companies, KTWU reaches approximately 1.6 million viewers. KTWU offers five digital destinations for unique content: KTWU (PBS) in High Definition on Channel 11.1; KTWU/MHz Worldview on Channel 11.2; KTWU ENHANCE on Channel 11.3; ktwu.org, online; and KTWU MOBILE TV. KTWU is licensed to Washburn University and was the first public television station in the state of Kansas. The television studio for media production and station offices are located on the Washburn campus in Topeka, Kansas. For more information on KTWU, visit the online site at ktwu.org

KTWU (PBS)

Provides programs and services that enrich the lives of those we reach

1700 SW College Avenue, Topeka, KS 66621

785-670-1111