Washburn spirit students of the week

Jordyn Wells

Q: How do you feel about Homecoming week here at Washburn?

A: “I feel that it’s going to be a week full of spirit and excitement. I’m excited to watch sports and cheer on the athletes as they prepare for their games and I know the student body is ready, too.”

Q: How do you think the football team is going to do against Emporia?

A: “I think they will have a good matchup. I know Emporia will come out with a mindset to beat us, but I think we are going to come out early and give it to them.”

Q: What do you like about Washburn athletics?

A: “I like Washburn athletics because we are successful and it makes it more enjoyable when there is more pride and support for it.”

Q: What is your favorite sport to watch at Washburn and why?

A: “I know there is support for each sport, but the one I like hearing and supporting right now would be football. There is so much dedication with the football players when you see them working their butts off to get better everyday in the gym and see them at practice twice a day in the 80 degree weather. But it’s not just practices, it’s the after hours that they get prepared to give it all they got each and every game so they can bring the excitement to their fans and we can enjoy a good football game.”

Q: Do you have an athletic background?

A: “Yes, I have played basketball, football and baseball. I did basketball all throughout high school, football until my freshman year and baseball until my sophomore year.”

Q: Who is your favorite athlete at Washburn University?

A: “My favorite Washburn athlete is linebacker, DeJuan Gardenhire, because he has a cool blue head band and slides.”

Q: Who is your favorite pro athlete?

A: “My favorite pro athlete is Michael Ohre.”

A: “I think that with all of the different events and activities going on, it will be a busy and fun-filled week ahead.”

Q:How do you think the football team is going to do against Emporia?

A: “I predict that they are going to win. They are an impressive team this year with close losses to good teams and a victory over the prestige Pitt State University.”

A: “Football for sure because I grew up loving the sport. I played it almost my whole life. It’s the best sport ever to participate in or to watch, in my opinion.”

Q: Do you have an athletic background?

A: “Yes, I participated in football since I was in fourth grade, basketball for one year, track for three years, and tennis for two.”

A: “My favorite athlete at Washburn is Ricardo Olivieri because he’s huge and I have a class with him.”

Q: Who is your favorite pro athlete?

A: “My favorite pro athlete is Tyler Lockett.”