Vice President’s Corner

Whaddup Bods,

My name is Scott Weinkauf and I am the student body vice president. I would like to talk about something we all do – noticing the negatives. As Kanye once said, “I’m so gifted at finding what I don’t like the most.” Talking about issues in our life and environment is important, but there is a point when it stops being productive.

Before I learned how to use this “gift” I felt like I was a pretty negative person. It took me a long time to realize that I was just talking about my problems in the wrong way. Instead of complaining about something, I started asking how can we fix this? The secret to progress isn’t being able to find the problem, it’s being able to find a solution. My sophomore year, I ran for WSGA senate. Now I am the Vice President of the student body. For three years, I have been a part conversations and movements to make this amazing University even better. Here at Washburn, there some things you would like to see done differently, and that’s okay. So instead of just talking about it, let’s take it a step further.

We have many people here at Washburn that would love to help you make this change. You could talk to the passionate people working in that Student Life, Diversity and Inclusion, and Student Activities and Greek Life offices. You could join WSGA, STAND, CAB or any student organization whose purpose you’re passionate about. You can even start your own organization. These are some of the many ways you can make a difference here on campus. Take this simple lesson and apply it to your neighborhood, town, state, and country. Before you know it, you’ll end up changing the world.

Your Vice President,

Scott Weinkauf