Briefs Oct. 4

Grocery Bingo

Washburn students are invited to participate in Loteria, a version of bingo, at 7 p.m. Oct. 4 in the Memorial Union, Washburn A&B. Prizes will consist of basic grocery and food items.

Law School Blood Drive

From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 5, the Washburn Law building will be hosting a blood drive. Any eligible students can donate blood and help give to the cause.

FAFSA Workshops

Mabee Library will be hosting FAFSA workshops from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 4 and Oct. 9 in Room 205. Students can get help filling out their FAFSA and free pizza. There will also be a scholarship drawing for $500.

Pick Your Mentor

First-generation students will have the opportunity to find a mentor in the community to talk to. The skill shop will be from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 5 and Oct. 6 at Mabee Library. The event is open to any students interested in attending.

First Friday Art Walk

The First Friday Art Walk will be from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Oct. 6, at the NOTO Art District. This event gives attendees the chance to see local artists and become familiar with the art district. It is open and free to the public.

Downtown First Friday Chili Walk

5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 6, downtown businesses will have different kinds of chili for participants to sample while enjoying featured artwork and shopping. This event is free to the public. A list of participating businesses can be found online.

Greek Food Festival

The 13th annual Greek Food Festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 7 at the St. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church. For $16 attendees can choose their entree with a choice of various sides. Dessert can also be purchased for $2. This event is open to the public.

Pumpkin Palooza

Pumpkin Palooza will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 7 at the Lake Shawnee Beach. Games and activities will be available, along with a pumpkin catapult. Game wristbands are $5 and all proceeds benefit the Easterseals Capper Foundation. This event is pet-friendly and open to the public.

Oktoberfest

From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 7 at Fairlawn Plaza, Oktoberfest will be hosted by the plaza. Admission is free, and activities for children will be set up. There will be German food, beer, and music.

Inflatafest

Inflatafest will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 7 in the West Ridge Mall. There will be pumpkin decorating, activity stations, costume contests, games, inflatables, and more. General admission is free, and children’s unlimited play wristbands can be purchased for $10 in advance and $12 at the gate.

Downtown Jazz & Food Truck Festival

From 3:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 7 on the 800 block of S. Kansas Ave, there will be jazz performances and a variety of food trucks for the Downtown Jazz & Food Truck Festival. There will be a free concert headlined by Boogaloo 7 and Hot 8 Brass Band from New Orleans.

Build a Cow

CAB will be hosting Build a Cow, an event with milk, ice cream, and cookie, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 10 in the Union Underground. This is free to all Washburn students.