Bod Briefs Issue 2

IMPORTANT DATES!

Students, make sure to keep up with important dates! Aug. 31 is the last day to set up a payment plan, last day to enroll without a late fee and last day to receive 100 percent tuition refund. 

Twilight Tour

At 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 4 at the Topeka Zoo, 635 SW Gage Blvd. It is an evening event about that is two hours long. They are fast paced and are designed for both children and adults. Pre-register at (785)368-9180 or go to www.topekazoo.org. If you are a non FOTZ member, the cost is $10. If you are a FOTZ member, the cost is $8. Grab some friends and join the staff for a behind the scenes tour of the zoo at night! 

Theatre 

One act musical, Bowen & Bell, is a fun little show about writing a musical. The musical will start at 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 6 to 9, at Andrew J. and Georgia Neese Gray Theatre.  All WU students, faculty, and staff get in free with a WU ID. $8 for general admission. Some language may not be appropriate for young ones.There will also be an Eventbrite site to pre purchase tickets or tickets may be purchased at the box office with cash or check one hour prior to performance. 

Resume Roadshow 

At 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 10 from an event called Resume Roadshow will be located at Memorial Union Stauffer Commons. With the Washburn University Career and Graduate School Fair in two days, students are encouraged to bring their resumes to the Resume Roadshow where professionals will review them and provide feedback for improvements. After making any changes, students should have multiple copies made to distribute to employers at the Career Fair on Sept. 12. 

It’s Bigger Than Hip Hop

At 11:30 a.m. Sept. 14 starting at in the Henderson Learning Resources Center, an event called It’s Bigger Than Hip Hop will be happening. Throughout the day there will be a panel presentation (11:30 a.m.), workshop (2:00 p.m.) and open mic (4:30 p.m.) for those who want to attend. This will center around local activist/rappers from the Midwest- folks that are actively involved within their communities and that use hip hop to center the issues that they struggle with and against. 

4th Annual Washburn Market Daze

At 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29 the Memorial Union is offering an incredible opportunity for vendors and student organizations to showcase their products or events to hundreds of Washburn University students, faculty, and staff. The Washburn Market Daze will be held on an uncovered portion of the North patio.  Come enjoy and learn about different vendors and organizations!