Bod Briefs Issue 17

Day of Giving Schedule of Events

7 a.m.-9 a.m. at the SRWC: $2 donation for coffee, hot chocolate and breakfast burritos. 

7:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. at the Tech Conference Room: $2 donation for coffee, hot chocolate and breakfast burritos.

11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Memorial Union: For an at-will donation, learn how to tie a bow tie from President Jerry Farley. Students can also join for selfies with Ichabod, Breakout Box, prize wheel and more.

2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. at Mabee Library: $5 donation for 15 minutes to play with dogs and cats from Helping Hands Humane Society.

4 p.m.-6:30 p.m. at Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center: Free entry, food and drinks for sale. Celebrate Washburn’s 154th birthday. Enjoy popcorn, nachos and cupcakes for a donation and cash bar. 

Interested in starting a business?

Washburn Small Business Development Center will be presenting “How to Start a Business” 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6 at the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library. They will discuss what it takes to create and start your own business, legal structure of a business, how to write a business plan, knowing your competition and what to expect from being your own boss. 

Wake Up with Washburn

Washburn School of Business and the Alumni Association are sponsoring Wake Up with Washburn at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 7 in the Convocation Hall of Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center. Sonia Betsworth of Federal Loan Home Bank of Topeka will be speaking on “An Employer’s Investment in its Community and its Employees.” There is a $10 fee for members and a $13 fee for 

non-members.

Word of Mouth: Poetry Session

Word of mouth: the poetry and spoken word session will be at 6 p.m. Monday, Feb.11 in the Union Undergound of the Memorial Union. 

Ionesco’s ‘The Chairs’

Washburn Theatre will perform Eugene Ionesco’s “The Chairs” at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, 15, 16 in the Andrew J. and Georgia Neese Gray Theatre. The final show will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17. Students can get in free with their Washburn ID.

Themester Events

Washburn professor Andrea J. Boyack from the School of Law will be presenting “The Interpretation & Enforcement of Non-disclosure Agreements” at 12:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11 at Mabee Library. There will also be a discussion called “Don’t Touch My Hair” with Black Student Union at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11 in the Blair Room of the Living Learning Center.