Bod Briefs Issue 19

Alpha Phi’s Keep the Beat Week

6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25: APhi Fully Loaded at the Alpha Phi House. $4 per potato and all your favorite toppings.

5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26: Rock your heart out at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Bring your WUID.

All day Wednesday, Feb. 27: Percentage day at Fuzzy’s Tacos, just mention Alpha Phi. Proceeds go to women’s heart health.

6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28: Chili Phi’st at Alpha Phi House. $5 for two bowls of chili and one cinammon roll and $8 for four bowls and two rolls.

6 p.m. Friday, March 1: King of Hearts in the Kansas Room of the Memorial Union. $2 to attend and watch the male contestants compete for the title. 

At every event, Alpha Phi is selling an exclusive Alpha Phi shirt.

Let’s Talk About Sex

There will be a Coffee Talk about asexuality from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26 in the Underground Union. 

Trigger Warnings and Safe Spaces

Professor Chris Jones, (religious studies), Professor Louise Krug, (English), Dakie Washington (Center for Student Success), Melisa Posey (University Diversity & Inclusion) and students will discuss Trigger Warnings and Safe Spaces at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26 in the Rita Blitt Gallery attached to White Concert Hall.

Prepare to be amazed by Steven Brundage

Magician and entertainer Steven Brundage will be performing at 7 p.m. on Feb. 27 in the Andrew J. and Georgia Neese Gray Theatre. Brundage has performed for American’s Got Talent, Good Morning America, NBC and more.

Twice the Gem That You Are

Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe showcases the expressions of queer affection, love and lifestyles, including the hidden identity of Garnet. Noelle Blood, assistant director of marketing communications at Washburn’s School of Law, will be discussing an analysis to understand and advocate for sociocultural value of illustrating queer and other-embodied individuals in popular media. The analysis will take place from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28 in the Cottonwood Room on the third level of the Memorial Union.