WU students to attend Christmas conference

Jessica Mills

Campus Crusade for Christ is going to participate in a fearless week of seeking God.

Members of the group are attending Denver Christmas Conference 2007, also known as DCC. The conference is Jan. 2-7 in Denver, Colo.

Nearly 2,000 students from six different states attend DCC every year to listen to speakers and bands, worship God, serve others and spend time with friends.

“Everyone at DCC has the same beliefs as you do. You get to hang out with 2,000 other college students just like you,” said Jackie Wodtke, a member of the Campus Crusade leadership team.

The theme of the conference is “Fearless,” and the brochure states, “Denver Christmas Conference is an opportunity to approach the life God intended for us without fear. We come together to serve others and worship the Lord in boldness.”

Speakers at the conference include Bryan Lorritts, Dong Whan Kim, Jaeson Ma, Shane Deike and Carrie Walker.

The first night of the conference will feature the band Building 429. To find out more about the band, visit its Web site, www.building429.com.

Students will also participate in a day of faith. On this day students will reach out and serve in the Denver community.

The cost is $215 and includes five nights lodging in the Adam’s Mark Hotel, located on the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver, and admittance to all conference sessions and materials.

For more information on the speakers and the conference, see www.dcc2007.com or www.campuscrusadeforchrist.com.