CAB has big plans for new semester

Kyle Almond

True to its slogan, the Campus Activities Board has big plans for Washburn this year. Planned events include “Tunes @ Noon” which brings live bands to the Memorial Union every other Friday, bowling nights and Tuesday Night Movies. The movies are tentatively planned to start in September as a joint project with the Washburn Student Government Association.

CAB has been active already this year, helping to sponsor “Bod Blast” new student orientation culminating in CAB’s ever-popular Casino Night.

For the remainder of August, CAB has planned an activities and majors fair from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29, in the Washburn Room A and a “Tunes @ Noon” on Friday Aug. 31 in the Memorial Union.

September will be a busy month for CAB with a Halo 2 game night on the 5th, two Dance Dance Revolution game nights on the 7th and 21th, a movie night on the 18th, and Family Day at Yager Stadium at Moore Bowl Saturday the 15th.

October holds in store a Guitar Hero game night on the 3rd, DDR on the 5th, “The Regurgitator” on the 8th, and on the 29th a trip to the BEAST Haunted House.

CAB will finish out its fall activities season in November with Halo 2 on the 7th, DDR on the 9th, and Bernie McGrenahan coming on the 14th to combine comedy with an important message.

Students are invited to stop by the CAB office in the lower level of Memorial Union or to visit CAB’s Web site, www.wuevents.com, with comments, suggestions or just to say thank you for all of the hard work that members of CAB put into bringing fun activities to campus.