Who is Student Media?

Abbie Barth, Copy Editor and Freelance Reporter

Welcome to Washburn University. My name is Abbie Barth, and I am the editor-in-chief of The Washburn Review. If you are not aware, The Washburn Review is our school paper. We publish weekly on every Wednesday. Issues of the paper can be found at our newsstands throughout campus, typically being located in the main entrances of buildings.

Our goal as a student-run organization is to represent each and every student, organization and activity on campus. We are here to tell the unbiased truth and show the aspects of campus that not every reader can see. As an independent newsroom, we publish the whole truth without fear of reprimands. With that being said, our paper and organization as a whole, strive to publish what is best for the community, and that includes the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Washburn Review is just one section under the umbrella that is Student Media. This is a student-run organization whose goal is to publish articles, photo galleries, podcasts and everything in between that we believe students care about. 

Student Media has many other outlets aside from the newspaper. We have the Bod Magazine, which is published in the fall and spring, the Kaw Yearbook that is published yearly, and we have a website that gets updated daily:www.washburnreview.org. This daily content includes the stories published in our paper, online-only content, videos, photo galleries, podcasts and so much more.

We are founded on the principle of “News that matters to WU.” We publish work by students, for students. So please, pick up a copy of our paper or visit our website.

Edited by Adam White