Bod Blast Schedule 2008

Wednesday, August 13

8-3 p.m. Move-in Day (LLC)

4-5 p.m. Convocation (White Concert Hall)

5-6:30 p.m. All Campus Picnic (Washburn A & B/Union Lawn)

7:30-9 p.m. LOL-Greek Sponsored Event (Washburn A & B)

Your college experience starts tonight as the Memorial Union and the Washburn Greek community present the sixtime college campus, Comedian of the Year! Buzz Sutherland’s quick wit and unmatched charisma are sure to entertain at an evening you’ll never forget. Come meet friends as you enjoy “Laughing Out Loud”.

Thursday, August 14

9:00-9:30 a.m. – Bod Blast Check-in Starts (SRWC)

9:30-11 a.m. – Playfair (SRWC)

Let’s get this party started right! Come meet your new best friends at WU and have a great time! Playfair will be hosting an entertainment event that will get you excited to be the newest Ichabods. This is where it all begins so come be a part of our campus unity and school spirit!

11:30-2 p.m. – Student Services Fair (Washburn A & B)

The Expo will provide an excellent opportunity for students to explore the many resources on Washburn’s campus. Professionals from across campus will answer all your questions. Come fi nd out how to succeed in your classes, as well as what you can do for entertainment on the weekends. Be sure to ask lots of questions and collect valuable information. There will be representatives from the Mabee Library, the Student Recreation and Wellness Center, Student Activities & Greek Life, Personal Counseling and Career Services just to name a few.

2:15-5 p.m. – Non-traditional Bod Blast (Kansas Room)

7-9 p.m. Rock the Rec (SRWC)

Check out the Student Recreation and Wellness Center and come away with lots of cool stuff. Participate in the Fitness Frenzy (group exercise demonstration), three point shooting contest, volleyball serve, rock climbing and other activities. The fi rst 30 people to participate in the Fitness Frenzy will receive a free SRWC t-shirt. The first 20 people to try the Rock Climbing Wall will receive a free t-shirt as well, so don’t be late! We recommend you dress for success, comfy clothes and tennis shoes. Don’t forget your WU ID!

Friday, August 15

1-4 p.m. – Wacky Washburn

Can you paint a picture of a house blindfolded? How about bowl a strike down a hallway? Get to know Washburn’s campus and socialize with faculty and staff during this interactive event. Teams will navigate their way through campus, stopping at various offi ces and departments to complete a wacky task. Have a great time meeting new people while engaged in the opportunity to win great prizes. Do you have what it takes to be the wackiest Bod of them all?

4-5 p.m. – Honors Reception

7-9 p.m. – WU Fest (Union Lawn)

The Memorial Union lawn will be turned into WU’s own Festival of FUN! There will be fun games, good music, great food and representatives from a variety of Washburn’s student organizations. There will also be some great giveaways! Be ready for a great time! After WU Fest: Traditions Night (LLC Lobby) Feel the Ichabod spirit! You and hundreds of your new closest friends will be at the LLC Lobby celebrating Ichabod pride. Learn what it means to be an Ichabod and all the fun that it can be! You may be the lucky one to win Washburn gear like tshirts and foam fingers and more.

Saturday, August 16

8 a.m.-noon – WU in the Community

Topeka will be your home for the next four years. “WU in the Community” is a great way to see Topeka and do something good for your new neighbors. Washburn students, faculty, and staff are invited to join WSGA and LinC (Learning in the Community) in making a difference in our capital city. Lunch will immediately follow our service day. T-shirts will be given to all who participate. This half day event is your chance to help rebuild the community through service projects across the city. Some projects include neighborhood revitalization, youth service work, working with the homeless, home improvement work for the underserved, or working with people with mental illness. During the 2007-08 school year approximately 450 Washburn students participated in LinC sponsored service activities. The 2008-09 school year promises to be fi lled with service activities that exceed any in the past. Meet on the north side of the Living Learning Center.

Noon-1 p.m. – Lunch/Tunes at Noon (Union Lawn)

It’s time to celebrate a great morning of service! Come enjoy some of CAB’s Tunes @ Noon live music while you eat a yummy lunch provided our Washburn Greek Community. Washburn University’s Greek community and CAB are anxious to get to know you all! Lunch is free to all WU in the community participants.

7-10 p.m. – Casino Night (Washburn A & B)

Feel the excitement and glamour of the Las Vegas Strip for free at the Campus Activities Board 8th Annual Casino Night! Play blackjack, craps, roulette, poker, and many other casino games on regulation size tables. Enjoy mocktails and snacks while meeting other WU students at this great event! You will have the chance to win some great prizes- so don’t be late!

Sunday, August 17

4:30-6:30 p.m. – Get Ready Rally (Lee Arena)

Welcome to the sights and sounds of true Ichabod Spirit! Get Ready Rally is your personal introduction to the traditions, people, and history of Washburn. Come meet our Washburn Athletes, learn our fi ght song and feel the WU spirit and pride! It’s a perfect evening to enjoy some entertainment, get a great meal and get to know your 1,000-plus new best friends. Our night will be full of giveaways so you don’t want to miss this! Dinner will be $5. Cash or I-Card will be accepted. After G.R.R.: Sundaes on Sunday (LLC Lobby) Enjoy delicious ice cream sundaes courtesy of Residential Living. We’ll be wrapping up our wonderful Bod Blast week by giving out our big prizes! Bring your enthusiasm and your appetite for a yummy evening snack at the LLC full of memories and laughter!

Information provided by www.washburn. edu/future/admissions.