WU to Host Fast Forward Luncheon

Robert Burkett

A financial planning professional will be speaking at a luncheon that is “Fast Forwarding” the future for students and faculty at 12:15 p.m., Wednesday Feb. 11th at the Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center on Washburn University’s campus.

Guy Richardson, agent for New York Life and registered representative for NY Life Securities, Inc., will be speaking about the economically tough times and the opportunities that young professionals and imminent graduates alike can expect and look for in today’s economy. Richardson earned a B.B.A. from Washburn in 1997.

In addition to his work as a financial planning professional, Richardson has been involved in the Fast Forward program, which has evolved over the years within the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce.

“Guy has been involved with the Fast Forward program since the steering committee started it all about eight years ago,” said Marsha Sheahan, vice president of public relations for the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce.

Specifically, the Fast Forward program is a partnership program between Washburn University and the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce. The intent behind the program is to provide a forum for social networking for young professionals living in the greater Topeka area.

In addition to the events held bi-annually, the Fast Forward program hosts monthly social events to give young professionals and soon-to-be professionals a chance to get to know one another in a more casual setting.

Washburn will provide meals for the luncheon. Tickets cost $20 for non-students and $10 for students wishing to attend.