DO NOT PUBLISH: A Summer of Fun

Kim KorberWashburn Review

The school year is back in full swing at Washburn University, and as students are hitting the books, we thought it would be fun to reflect back on what our students have been up to. Many of them went on vacation, worked, or visited family, but every one enjoyed their break from classes. So, after tracking down several students, here are what some mass media students were up to this summer.

This summer, Kim Korber did lots of fun things. First, she went to Disney World with her summer advertising class. Korber spent a week exploring all the aspects of Disney that she learned in her class. After that trip, Korber traveled to Salt Lake City with her family to visit her cousin who recently moved there. Despite the fun trips, Korber spent most of her summer attending dozens of concerts with her friends.

“Going to concerts is my idea of a good time. It’s relaxing, fun and I get to meet new people.” Korber said. “And besides it’s the cheapest form of entertainment around here.”

This summer wasn’t all fun and games for Korber. She also got two new jobs in Topeka; she is now the part-time promotions assistant for Cumulus Media and a stagehand for productions at the Topeka Performing Arts Center (TPAC). Korber also added a new member to her family; his name is Noodle, and he is a 4-month-old kitten.