Student Organization Success meeting re-cap

Sambridhi Regmi, Business Manager

The Student Organization Success Meeting was held on Aug. 26 and 27 in the Kansas Room, from 5:30 – 7:15 p.m. 

Jessica Neumann-Barraclough, director of Student Involvement and Development, started off a meeting on student organization success 5:30 – 7:15 p.m., Aug. 27 in the Kansas Room of the Memorial Union, starting with funding policies by Victoria Smith after an introduction by Neumann-Barraclough. 

“It is not officially approved yet, but student involvement and development in partnership with student life and diversity and inclusion is working to provide the university students a multicultural resource center which is going to be located where we are at, so we will be moving upstairs,” Neumann-Barraclough said. 

She mentioned that the $55 students pay for university activity fees goes toward the funding of Washburn organizations.

Everything at Washburn will be going through “Bod’s Connect” so students will be able to know what is happening on campus.

Adam Magette, the director of catering verified the university’s rules for food on campus.

”Any food that is going on campus needs to be through chartwells or has to get permission from chartwells to have that even go,” Magette said. 

There is a new menu for a lower price, for events happening on campus by Chartwells.

WSGA Vice President, Matthew Christman disclosed the theme for homecoming, which is going to be a music theme. 

Christman mentioned that there are two main changes this year, the open mic night is going to be moved to Tuesday night, and we are not having the road race as previously there were complaints about too many events and students didn’t have enough time for their studies. 

Here is a quick run through of the events for the week: 

Sunday is Bods on the Avenue, an event to go out and connect with the community for a bit.

Monday we have the Top Hat voting and top hat judging as well as the ball that night.

Tuesday is going to be banner judging as well as office judging and at night the Open Mic Night will take place.

Wednesday will be Scorch on the Porch.

Thursday we have the Yell like Hell event.

Friday will be the final day for top five voting. Top five voting is going to be happening from Monday to Friday. 

Saturday morning there will be a pancake feed and the parade lineup. The homecoming tailgate will be at noon. 

If you have questions about homecoming you can email at [email protected] or feel free to attend their meetings, Thursdays at 2 p.m. 

Edited by Adam White, Jason Morrison, Shelby Hanson, Jessica Galvin