Fall intramurals begin

Sports General Cover Photo

Lillian Holmberg

Over the course of the school year, the Student Recreation and Wellness Center provides students, faculty and staff the opportunity to participate in a variety of intramural sports.

This semester, the Student Recreation and Wellness Center is offering basketball, archery tag, flag football, indoor soccer, volleyball and Mario Kart. The leagues offered are women’s, men’s and co-recreational. 

While the deadlines to sign up for flag football and volleyball have passed, there are many intramurals for which teams and individuals are still able to register. 

Both volleyball and flag football begin on Tuesday, Sept. 3. Volleyball games will be played in the SRWC and football games will be played on the intramural fields. 

The deadline to register for 3-on-3 basketball and indoor soccer is Oct. 23. Both men and women’s leagues are offered for basketball, while co-recreational teams are offered for indoor soccer. Games begin Tuesday, Oct. 29 for basketball, and Wednesday, Oct. 30 for indoor soccer. 

The deadline to register for archery tag is Wednesday, Sept. 11. Tournaments begin Monday, Sept. 16. 

Tailgate game contests, volleyball skills challenge, Mario Kart, and halftime challenge intramurals are all able to be registered for at the time of the event. 

The tailgate game contests are set to take place Thursday, Sept. 5. The volleyball skills challenge is on Sept. 17 and 18. Mario Kart will be Sept. 24-26. The halftime challenge will be on Nov. 12 and 14. 

Students, faculty, and staff who purchase a SRWC membership are able to participate in as many intramurals as they want, either on teams or as individuals. Individuals wishing to participate in intramurals must create an online account at www.imleagues.com. Washurn’s IMLeagues homepage is www.imleagues.com/washburn. By creating an account, students, faculty and staff are able to create an entry, join a team, register as an individual or register as a free agent for intramurals. Players are only able to register for one team per division. 

Edits by Shelby Hanson, Brianna Smith, Jessica Galvin