Washburn’s Desir, Boyer receive Preseason All-American honors

Washburn SID

Washburn’s sophomore returning All-American defensive back Pierre Desir has been named to the first team Consensus Draft Services 2010 Preseason All-American first team for the upcoming season. He was the only sophomore listed in either of the first two teams on both offense and defense by the publication.

Desir is a returning starter a defensive back who was named All-American as a redshirt freshman for the Ichabods. As a redshirt freshman he was named first team all-MIAA after leading the conference with seven interceptions and 13 passes defended and seventh in forced fumbles in his first season on the field. He also received second team All-American honors from the Football Gazette and d2football.com finishing the season with 33 total tackles and 25 solo stops adding a fumble recovery. He returned his first career interception 38 yards for a touchdown against Colorado Mines and he averaged 29.4 yards per kickoff return on 10 attempts including a 73 yard return against Pittsburg State. He was named the Ichabods’ defensive player of the game three times.

Boyer enters the fall as the starting left tackle on the offensive line where he has started the last 22 consecutive games having appeared in 24 games in his career. As a junior he made 11 starts at left tackle en route to honorable mention all-MIAA honors anchoring an offensive line which gave up only 11 sacks all season.